Windows 10: Windows emergency alerts

Discus and support Windows emergency alerts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed emergency alerts coming through my PC without installing anything to specifically do so, I have also been unable to disable them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AxiSol, Jul 13, 2021.

1. AxiSol Win User

Windows emergency alerts

Recently I've noticed emergency alerts coming through my PC without installing anything to specifically do so, I have also been unable to disable them. I first noticed it when I got a flood warning message, then twice now I've heard the test broadcast, scares the **** out of me every time. Any help with finding a way to disable it would be very much appreciated

:)

AxiSol, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Eli A. Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hello ZealOut,

Typically this option is controlled by your Mobile Operator. You can see if your Mobile Operator has give you the ability to turn this option on/off on your own device.

You can do that by:

• Go to Settings
    • Swipe Right to Applications
    • Select Messaging
    • Slide to bottom, if your MO gives you the ability you will see "Emergency Alerts".
    If you have that option, simply touch it and you can change those alert settings. If you do not, then you should speak to your mobile operator to see if they have a way for you to manage it via their website.

Emergency Alerts Option:

Windows emergency alerts 997d1ce9-7c01-4d2c-979c-280b6d715321.jpg

If you have any questions, please let us know.

-Eli

Eli A., Jul 13, 2021
  4. ZealOut Win User

Windows emergency alerts

Emergency Alerts

Is there a way to get emergency alerts sent to a Windows Phone, such as an Amber Alert or Tsunami Evacuation?

ZealOut, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows emergency alerts

1. Windows emergency alerts - Similar Threads - emergency alerts

2. Emergency Lumia Pin Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency Lumia Pin Support: i had upgraded my lumia 435 to windows 10, with a pin connected to it. however, when it upgraded, thepin keyboard disappeared, and im assuming all others did aswell. i cannot hard reset, as i have valuable info. what do i do?...
  3. Emergency Lumia Pin Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency Lumia Pin Support: i had upgraded my lumia 435 to windows 10, with a pin connected to it. however, when it upgraded, thepin keyboard disappeared, and im assuming all others did aswell. i cannot hard reset, as i have valuable info. what do i do?...
  4. Emergency Lumia Pin Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. EMERGENCY CANT LOGIN FOR BUSINESS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMERGENCY CANT LOGIN FOR BUSINESS: i just updated my Alienware aurora r10 computer and it wont allow me to log back in with my normal password for some reason. I also dont have the same number anymore. the new number is 689 229 7282. can you please help me its really hurting my productivity rn. i have alot of...
  6. EMERGENCY CANT LOGIN FOR BUSINESS

EMERGENCY CANT LOGIN FOR BUSINESS: i just updated my Alienware aurora r10 computer and it wont allow me to log back in with my normal password for some reason. I also dont have the same number anymore. the new number is 689 229 7282. can you please help me its really hurting my productivity rn. i have alot of...
  7. EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!: My laptop recently received an update and is asking for my BitLocker Recovery Key because "Secure Boot Policy has unexpectedly changed", I signed into my Microsoft account to access the key, however 2 step verification prevented me from entering because the phone number was...
  8. EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!

EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!: My laptop recently received an update and is asking for my BitLocker Recovery Key because "Secure Boot Policy has unexpectedly changed", I signed into my Microsoft account to access the key, however 2 step verification prevented me from entering because the phone number was...
  9. National Emergency Alert System Integration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    National Emergency Alert System Integration: Does Windows any type of National Emergency Alert System covering Amber Alerts, Natural Disasters, Imminent Attacks, etc? If not why not add that?...
  10. Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) are emergency messages sent by authorized government alerting authorities through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to see emergency alerts on laptop