Windows 10: Windows encountered an error and restarted

Discus and support Windows encountered an error and restarted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I don't know what is going on. This has never happened before. Twice now has my computer gave me a screen that it encountered an error and needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CreeperKing, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows encountered an error and restarted

So I don't know what is going on. This has never happened before. Twice now has my computer gave me a screen that it encountered an error and needed to restart. The first time was a few days ago and it created a dump file, but I did not ask about it because I thought it was just a random thing, but to day it happened again, the only problem is there is no dump file. I don't know why I also don't remember deleting the old one. But it did not create a dump file this time. The strange thing is that both times it happened I was just watching youtube videos. What is going on?

:)

CreeperKing, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Cronic Win User

Virus/Windows error

Ive been in safemode, still get the error but it doesn't restart. I'm not getting a bsod, its a pop up about 5 minutes after logging in that says windows encounted an error and needs to restart, and I was unable to stop the shutdown with cmd prompt

Cronic, Mar 4, 2019
  3. x01r Win User
    atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! Windows encountered an error and restarted :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile Windows encountered an error and restarted :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile Windows encountered an error and restarted :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile Windows encountered an error and restarted :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile Windows encountered an error and restarted :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin Windows encountered an error and restarted :D

x01r, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Windows encountered an error and restarted

Bluescreen error encountered

Hello Sushovan,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this error?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    For possible troubleshooting steps, please check this article: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows encountered an error and restarted

1. Windows encountered an error and restarted - Similar Threads - encountered error restarted

2. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  3. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  4. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  5. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  6. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  7. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  8. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  9. Windows 10 encounter and error and must restart

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 encounter and error and must restart: Several times a day I get this blue screen message: windows has encountered and error and must restart. This seems to be happening when I am moving large files from ondrive onto my PC. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  10. Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files: I wonder if anyone have had the same problem with editing RDP files? Each time I open a RDP file for editing to change the user name and enter the new domain\user but no password and press enter a black error window pops up saying there is only one minut to restart... I...