Windows 10: Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching...

Discus and support Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Currently my computer encountering an "No Audio Output Device is Installed" problem. I tried to identify what caused this error and attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lucas1805, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Lucas1805 Win User

Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching...

Hello,

Currently my computer encountering an "No Audio Output Device is Installed" problem. I tried to identify what caused this error and attempted to fix it but nothing work, and during that some more error happen with my windows.

-I tried reinstall all audio driver, I get this driver from my motherboard manufacture website/

-I tried to run troubleshooting but nothing is detected.

-I tried to update my windows but it encounter error code 0x80080005

-I tried to restore system to previous point. But when I click to open restore, it look like nothing happen (later I found that they took a lot of time to show up, but no restore point other than today so i cannot reverse it).

-I tried some method by searching on google but nothing helped for now

Background of recent activities that may caused this problem:

Last week I decide to switch antivirus program, the uninstalling of old program and installing of new program (Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 30-days trial version) went smoothly without any error and I was able to use my computer normally on last weekend. Yesterday I turn on my computer and then also use it normally also and the audio working just fine (at this point I do not pay attention on whether my antivirus program is working or not) .

Today morning (21st Oct) I turned on my computer and saw that antivirus program is not running (no icon in system tray), so i attempted to manual turn it on by searching it name on windows and click to it icon. But nothing happen and windows show an error that this shortcut is not valid anymore. After that I try to go into it installed folder and saw no data/exe file. It look like somehow it got uninstalled/delete. After that i try to reinstall the KIS but it fail half way. And somewhere in the middle of that process i noticed that my audio icon get a red cross with the errror message

After that I decide to switch to old antivirus program by unstalling KIS -> restart -> Install new program.

My windows version is. Please let me know if there is any further information/file i can provided to analyze/solving this.

Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching... d43e1241-573a-4ccd-939e-f5dce137b1be?upload=true.png

Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching... f908b55f-e8d3-495b-ba9c-b514f0af8afb?upload=true.png

:)

Lucas1805, Sep 20, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

I am running a MacBook Pro 15" (late 2011) which has BootCamp enabling Windows 10 Evaluation Copy 16232.rs_prerelease.170624-1334 (Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview).

I do not see the ability to select any of your suggested recording devices ("Wave Out Mix" ... "Stereo Mix") when selecting any of the "Speakers" from the Playback tab as you suggest. My list of Playback devices shows the MacBook (internal speakers), my
    Display's audio, the Line Out as well as my Wireless Headset.

It would be nice to simply select playback to more than one device (and control its total output) directly from the Volume Control box provided by a right click of the Taskbar icon.

BradyBlair, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching...

No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching...

1. Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching... - Similar Threads - encouter error audio

2. Multiple audio outputs on win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple audio outputs on win11: I have wired speakers and Bluetooth speakers and I was wondering how to play the audio simultaneously. I'm open to doing this within windows or downloading software. Previous win 10 posts on how to do this involve looking for "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" in the...
  3. Multiple audio outputs on win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple audio outputs on win11: I have wired speakers and Bluetooth speakers and I was wondering how to play the audio simultaneously. I'm open to doing this within windows or downloading software. Previous win 10 posts on how to do this involve looking for "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" in the...
  4. Audio Output keeps on switching devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output keeps on switching devices: I recently bought an earphone which can be connected only through USB Type-C to my Laptop W10 yet everytime I plug it in, the Audio Output just keeps switching from Speaker Mode to Earphone. No error message, it just keeps switching and only get fixed once I removed the...
  5. No audio output device error after windows update

No audio output device error after windows update: Yesterday whilst I was out my laptop decided to do windows updates, it prompted me to restart which I did, when it eventually restarted 40 minutes later I had no sound, it says no audio output device is installed, I have tried all sorts including trying to install legacy...
  6. no audio output device after reset

no audio output device after reset: No audio output device after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-after-reset/5dc1429e-2830-4c7b-a5f2-7aa489179fa3
  7. Output audio on multiple devices

Output audio on multiple devices: Why, in the year 2021, does Windows still not permit the outputting of sound across multiple sound devices like multiple HDMI monitors and built in speakers for instance? Come on Microsoft. It can't be that hard to have checkboxes beside the devices you can select to send...
  8. MS Settings shortcut for switching audio output devices?

MS Settings shortcut for switching audio output devices?: Hi, So I know that there is a way to access specific settings via "shortcut URL's" rather than navigating through the settings. Example: For switching between connectable devices like bluetooth headphones, TV's, etc. : %windir%\explorer.exe...
  9. Switching between audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between audio outputs: Hello, I have a bluetooth wireless headset that I use for making phone calls via RingCentral. I also have a pair of desktop speakers that I use for general audio. Is there a way to easily toggle back and forth between these two devices without having to disconnect the...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed Error

No Audio Output Device is installed Error: Hi Everyone, Few days back i had resolved the above error by installing the latest Realtek audio driver. the issue is back again, i re-installed the driver and from sound control panel there are no devices being shown in the system.: the laptop is lenovo t460s, please...