Windows 10: Windows Encrypted file recovery

Discus and support Windows Encrypted file recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a Win 10 blue screen crash, I was unable to recover that Win installation, and had to do a clean install. Now, my data files which were safely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan_333, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Dan_333 Win User

Windows Encrypted file recovery

After a Win 10 blue screen crash, I was unable to recover that Win installation, and had to do a clean install. Now, my data files which were safely saved elsewhere were encrypted by the old Win install same version, and I am now locked out of opening those. Changing the file owner does not fix that problem.

1. Am I correct that the Trusted User certificate in the old install was used for that encryption, and if I can recover it, I might be able to unlock these files?

2. I have a partition clone copy backup of the old windows drive, so I have that old certificate. Using Cmd>mmc however, requires that you know the Device Name previously used. Can I find that name somewhere in the old windows partition? If so, where?

3. Otherwise, what else could I do to find and export the old Trusted User Certificate to the new Win 10 installation?

:)

Dan_333, Apr 15, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows Encrypted file recovery

Windows XP file encryption

well there is encryption algorithms such as md5, rsa, etc.

Hybrid_theory, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Encrypted file recovery

1. Windows Encrypted file recovery - Similar Threads - Encrypted file recovery

2. It is possible to use Windows File Recovery on an encrypted SD/HD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is possible to use Windows File Recovery on an encrypted SD/HD?: Hello, Do you guys know if Windows File Recovery works on an encrypted SD/HD? I am having issues trying to make the application works. Here we have just one unity C: so, we already tried the follow scenarios:1 - To use a network drive as file destination, the application...
  3. It is possible to use Windows File Recovery on an encrypted SD/HD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is possible to use Windows File Recovery on an encrypted SD/HD?: Hello, Do you guys know if Windows File Recovery works on an encrypted SD/HD? I am having issues trying to make the application works. Here we have just one unity C: so, we already tried the follow scenarios:1 - To use a network drive as file destination, the application...
  4. It is possible to use Windows File Recovery on an encrypted SD/HD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  6. Encryption Recovery Key

Encryption Recovery Key: I am desperately trying to get hold of Microsoft support and have been trying without any luck for over a week. For some reason my Laptop was 'Automatically' Encrypted, and I only found this out when the hard drive got damaged and was sent to a Data Recovery Firm. The...
  7. File Encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  8. Bitlocker encryption key recovery

Bitlocker encryption key recovery: My Dell windows 10 laptop is acting up. Won't finish booting up.. Try to run clean disk and keep getting asked for my bit locker encryption key... I've never set this up machine bought new in a store. Help! Please... Steve...
  9. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  10. Encrypted files recovery using recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted files recovery using recovery key: Before upgrading my system to windows 10 from windows 8.1, I backed up my files into an external hard drive (files are encrypted), now I am unable to copy the files to my computer. It says i don't have permission. I modified the permission for one file to see whether its...