Windows 10: Windows end of life service

Discus and support Windows end of life service in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've got an old pc that I haven't used in the last few years cos the graphics card went bust, so I put it aside and continued to use my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Christopher109, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows end of life service

Hi guys, I've got an old pc that I haven't used in the last few years cos the graphics card went bust, so I put it aside and continued to use my laptop as my main workstation. A couple of weeks ago a friend revived the pc with a new graphics card and SSD, now its as good as the laptop. I'd rather be using the PC, but now windows are telling me it reached its end of life services and won't update anymore. Should I format and reinstall using the old key? Is it a pain to get all the drivers working again? I don't care for the other software or documents cos most of them are old and a format will clean everything.

submitted by /u/Christopher109
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Christopher109, Jul 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Office Live Meeting Service End of Life on Dec. 31, 2017

Source: Live Meeting Service End of Life s Blog

Brink, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows end of life service

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Windows end of life service :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows end of life service

1. Windows end of life service - Similar Threads - end life service

2. Windows 10 end of "Life"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 end of "Life": I hope I picked the right community to get some good answers.I got notified by a local computer repair / computer builder about a month ago that Microsoft will be ending support and updates for Windows 10 mid summer 2024. Is there any fact to this or, is this guy blowing hot...
  3. Windows 8 end of life

Windows 8 end of life: When would be the end of life of this Operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-end-of-life/18db3813-594e-4fdf-9b67-bb217054644a
  4. windows end life update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows end life update: I'm wondering as I can't update my Lenovo T460 ThinkPad to windows 11 as it "has" a not-supported GPU. Will a new Windows 11 update make It so any GPU's an updated or will I have to wait until Windows 10 is not supported to update to Windows 11 or witch ever windows is out to...
  5. windows end life update

windows end life update: I'm wondering as I can't update my Lenovo T460 ThinkPad to windows 11 as it "has" a not-supported GPU. Will a new Windows 11 update make It so any GPU's an updated or will I have to wait until Windows 10 is not supported to update to Windows 11 or witch ever windows is out to...
  6. End of Life Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of Life Windows 10: Hello WorldMy OS on my windows 10 laptop is saying its the end of life cycle for windows 10....What in the world is that - Has anyone encountered this and can anyone help me get back my Windows 10 Laptop on its feet...Pleeeeeez this thanks - Dave...
  7. Windows 10 END OF LIFE?!?!?

Windows 10 END OF LIFE?!?!?: Microsoft, I'm panicking right now! What will happen after Windows 10 ends support? Help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-end-of-life/0942ce0d-3863-475a-9453-28684e466c60
  8. windows 10 end of life??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 end of life??: Windows 10 will reach end of life on 14 October 2025 so what exactly is going to happen after that?!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-end-of-life/5712d8ff-1145-4b8c-9829-55b6804767e9"
  9. Windows 10 End of Life

Windows 10 End of Life: Hi, Can someone tell me if the following versions of 10 are End of Life and are no longer receiving Security or Critical updates please? Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.16299 Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.14393 Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.15063 Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.16299 Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 end of life

Windows 10 end of life: how come windows 10 support is being ended in 2025 it was only 10 years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-end-of-life/cc09aec8-fe4e-478a-b34a-8f9661a4d1fe