Windows 10: Windows endless restart

Discus and support Windows endless restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a PC laptop that is having an endless restart issue. Details: The laptop screen shows the initial screensaver/login page picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Crofun, May 4, 2019.

1. Crofun Win User

Windows endless restart

Hey there,

I have a PC laptop that is having an endless restart issue.

Details: The laptop screen shows the initial screensaver/login page picture and says restarting next to the loading symbol. The mousepad still controls the mouse on the screen. This endless restart hasnt ended yet

What Ive tried:

All the keyboard keys are unresponsive, so the ctrl+alt+del and power buttons are ineffective.

The battery is not easily removeable and the screen goes to sleep after several minutes of inactivity. This means the laptop will not run iut of battery any time soon.

Any suggestions are appreciated :-/

:)

Crofun, May 4, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, May 4, 2019
  3. little cat, May 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows endless restart

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows endless restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows endless restart

1. Windows endless restart - Similar Threads - endless restart

2. Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop: okay so a hot minute ago i let my sister mess around on my computer and when i tried to log in afterwards it was asking for a password when it never had before (i set it up with a pin and never anything else nor did i have another account on it). couldnt log in, took it to...
  3. Endless BSODs + Tasks Being Killed

Endless BSODs + Tasks Being Killed: Issues have started over a month ago when I'd randomly get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD every couple days. The BSODs became more and more common until I decided to just reinstall W10 with a fresh reformat. Didn't change anything, so I tried installing W10 on my other SSD...
  4. Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop: Being in the slow ring, 1903 turned up on checking via Windows Update. I fresh installed 1809 a few months ago, don't particularly want to do that again with all the settings and software to sort. Have now installed 1903 at least 6 times, allegedly! Tried a basic stop and...
  5. my laptop Lenovo 2016 Yoga suddenly stopped working and endlessly shows it is signing out

my laptop Lenovo 2016 Yoga suddenly stopped working and endlessly shows it is signing out: My Lenovo 2016 Yoga laptop suddenly stopped working and endless shows blue screen and says "signing out." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-lenovo-2016-yoga-suddenly-stopped/365db74a-51e6-43cf-a565-a44d9bde7884
  6. Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off?: I have just updated my laptop which was freshly installed with a Windows 10 OS. I am now having issues booting into Windows 10 unless I turn UEFI Secure boot off. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I am using a Dell machine and the BIOS is up to date. Thanks in...
  7. endlessly battling "how do you want to open this file" pop up

endlessly battling "how do you want to open this file" pop up: How do you want to open this file????? I don't know because the list of programs that are presented to me have no effect on resolving the issue, I have really no idea what file it is trying to open, i just know that it is completely random in it's coming, and the only way to...
  8. My PC restarts endless

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC restarts endless: After having used the Recovery of Windows 10 in the "Remove everything" mode, my PC has gotten into a loop of restarts. The information that comes out is: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and...
  9. Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop

Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop: So. My older laptop decided that it didn't want to deal with me anymore over Thanksgiving, and when I attempted to power it up to video chat with my grandmother, there was apparently a problem that automatic repair found and couldn't fix. After thinking that a simple "turn...
  10. Endless loop when restarting as Administrator - considering rebuild

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Endless loop when restarting as Administrator - considering rebuild: I originally had a problem with the audio, getting a scratchy sound, and after finding a possible solution (here, ironically) that said to do something in Device Manager, I attempted to restart as Administrator, but trying that I get an endless loop: - "Preparing Windows"...