Windows 10: Windows error 0x8007025d when upgrading to 64 bit

Discus and support Windows error 0x8007025d when upgrading to 64 bit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made myself a new pc and once I put all the parts together and installed windows on my ssd from my usb stick that I made with windows media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StanAkker, May 11, 2020.

1. StanAkker Win User

Windows error 0x8007025d when upgrading to 64 bit

I made myself a new pc and once I put all the parts together and installed windows on my ssd from my usb stick that I made with windows media creation tool I started it up. My pc was running fine only it installed the 32 bit version of windows pro while I made the version on my usb 64 bit. So I thought maybe my processor isn't compatible with 64 bit. So I check and it turns out it can run 64 bit so I looked up how to upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit https://www.faqforge.com/windows/windows-10/upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10/. I go through the steps but at 75% of my upgrade windows stops and shows me the error below: Windows error 0x8007025d when upgrading to 64 bit 0dac1dfd-9dfd-4d78-a016-346f1e2bf644?upload=true.jpg

Looked up on the internet what the error means either corrupted hardware or usb that is corrupted or the windows media creation tool didnt go onto the usb properly. My hardware is just new and worked fine on the 32 bit system. The usb I just used to install windows on my new pc would be weird if it got corrupted but just to make sure I formatted it and made a new install with the windows creation tool. Still gives the same error at 75% tried fixing it for another 2 hours but none of the solution I found worked. Than I started my pc up again to see if I had windows updates pending or my drivers weren't up to date. So installed nvidia geforce experience which gives the error that it is not compatible with the current system I looked it up and it is because of the 32 bit system. Than I decided to do a clean install backed up my files and formatted my ssd. Start up my pc with my usb stick in there as I did the first time than at 75% I get the same error code. Now I gave up and decided to just go with the 32 bit system so unplugged my usb and restarted my pc. Problem is now that it just goes straight to the BIOS checked if it somehow changed setting around so that my ssd isnt first priority anymore that turns out to not be the case. So I check if it recognizes my ssd and in the m2 slot and sata windows it does show up. Weird thing is somehow my graphics card doesnt show up anymore. I was thinking it might have something to do with the drivers update but not quite sure. Would like to check my device management to see if it also doesnt recognize my graphics card there but as I mentioned pc doesnt start tries to start with my ssd but than just goes to the BIOS.

Specs:

Processor: Intel i5 9600kf

Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 ud

Graphics card: Gigabyte geforce gtx 1660 oc

RAM: Crucial ballistic sport lt 16gb 2x8gb

Power: Corsair cx600m

CPU cooler: noctua NH-L9x65

SSD: Samsung 860 evo 1TB

:)

StanAkker, May 11, 2020
  2. GB9
    GB9 Win User

error code (0x8007025D)

I need some help from the group. I was running 8.1 Pro 32 bit and successfully updated to 10 Pro 32 bit. From what I have read I can update to 64 bit by doing a clean install. Would like to confirm I can do what I am trying before I spend more time hitting this wall. I installed a new drive, created a DVD and USB from ISO, disconnected all drives except for the new one, have tried multiple times from both the DVD and USB with the same result. The first step (Copying Windows files) finishes and then after 40% for step two (Getting files ready for installation), I receive the error below (0x8007025D). My research for this error hasn't resulted in any fixes for this error. I have tried with entering my product key and without. I believe after reading threads here I am supposed to skip entering the code. Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need additional information to help with this.

Windows error 0x8007025d when upgrading to 64 bit [​IMG]

3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, May 11, 2020
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit

First, note that you can *not* upgrade from either Windows 7 or 10 32-bit to 64-bit. There is no way to change the "bitness" of any version of Windows by an upgrade.

Since that means you have to do a clean installation, there's no sense in doing it in two steps. Just clean install 64-bit Windows 10.

Ken Blake, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows error 0x8007025d when upgrading to 64 bit - Similar Threads - error 0x8007025d upgrading

2. 32 bit 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32 bit 64 upgrade: I have win 10 32 bit and with digital key.if I want to upgrade 62 bit can i use same key kindly update me and win 10 os iso image can intall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-64-upgrade/2fe54bae-7ce1-493e-bedd-ec2da8b3dd48
  3. 32 bit 64 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    32 bit 64 upgrade: I have win 10 32 bit and with digital key.if I want to upgrade 62 bit can i use same key kindly update me and win 10 os iso image can intall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-64-upgrade/2fe54bae-7ce1-493e-bedd-ec2da8b3dd48
  4. Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..: I need your help! I'm upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. x64-based processor. the reason why im making this because i'm gonna upgrade my 2gb ram to 8gb ram can it run windows 10 64 bit cuz i'm using really old computer here's the specs: PentiumR Dual-Core CPU...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..: I need your help! I'm upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. x64-based processor. the reason why im making this because i'm gonna upgrade my 2gb ram to 8gb ram can it run windows 10 64 bit cuz i'm using really old computer here's the specs: PentiumR Dual-Core CPU...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrade to 64 bit

Upgrade to 64 bit: IS THERE A WAY TO UPGRADE 64 BIT WITHOUT NO LOSING DATA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-64-bit/6e6434b8-2747-40d9-a0c1-c7a24feef665
  8. Error 0x8007025D when clean installing Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x8007025D when clean installing Windows: I've decided to refurbish a laptop for recycling purposes. The laptop didn't have Windows on its OS, so I created a bootable USB and started to clean install windows. Here are the exact steps I take: Plug in the USB Turn on the laptop Load into the Media Tool Click install...
  9. Windows upgrade to 64 bit failed

Windows upgrade to 64 bit failed: Trying to upgrade to 64 bit version of Windows 10 32 bit version. Upgrade failed due to wrong format on hard drive. Is there a way to fix this without having to reformat my hard drive?...
  10. Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10

Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10: I have successfully upgraded to 32-bit Windows 10. Is it possible to upg rade to a 64-bit Windows 10? If so, could you advise how to accomplish it. Thanks! 21384
Tags: