Windows 10: Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

Discus and support Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the error 0xc000014c and have plugged in a usb drive with windows 10 but can’t figure out where to go from here. Help? :( submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/idrlikethis, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

I have the error 0xc000014c and have plugged in a usb drive with windows 10 but can’t figure out where to go from here. Help? Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it :(

submitted by /u/idrlikethis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/idrlikethis, Jan 26, 2020
  2. reverze Win User

vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Jan 26, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 26, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

1. Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it - Similar Threads - error can’t figure

2. Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys: Original thread here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-figuring-out-bsod-error-nlem64ntsys/686418bb-65fe-4b2e-a18d-0f37c95e7b12 Unfortunately, it is locked. nlem64nt.sys is used by NetLib encryptonizer. We had a similar issue with this causing...
  3. Figuring out Cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Figuring out Cortana: In hopes I can be more like CSI or Tony Stark, is Cortana able to search a note you write on Sticky Notes? submitted by /u/yakkity_yakk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecxhf2/figuring_out_cortana/
  4. Can't figure out how to install Teredo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't figure out how to install Teredo: So I bought state of decay 2 to play with my buddies. I cannot join or host games though. I get the error 1006. I have tried to get Teredo to work through the command prompt and through the device manager where you use legacy hardware. When I attempted to alter the program...
  5. Srttrail error can’t boot

Srttrail error can’t boot: I cant boot into windows and i cant reset my pc either i would apprieciate any help i can get thanks :)[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error-cant-boot/8cf4daa8-2faf-416e-a3a6-56d8d50c4fe1
  6. How to figure out what firmware was installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to figure out what firmware was installed: Good morning, My SurfaceGo just installed some new firmware. I checked the UpdateHistory but could not find anything. Any suggestions on how to figure out what firmware was installed ? Thanks Lee 127740
  7. Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys

Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys: Hi, I have a few computers getting a random blue screen with error nlem64nt.sys+44d1. They are running Windows 10 Pro, 1809. They have all the latest motherboard drivers, Intel drivers, updated motherboard BIOS, & Windows updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. How to figure out the best gaming resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out the best gaming resolution: I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%. I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out? I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like...
  9. Post-boot freeze at desktop; can't figure out

Post-boot freeze at desktop; can't figure out: I've been trying to install Windows 10 on an SSD; for ~2 weeks I've been occasionally getting a frozen computer just after boot at the desktop. I've had to clean install Win10 at least half a dozen times. I haven't figured out what causes it, but once it happens the cycle...
  10. DISK BOOT FAILURE. Can't figure this one out!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISK BOOT FAILURE. Can't figure this one out!: Had a spare HDD laying around so I thought I'd load 9879 on it. I wanted to be careful to not mess up my 8.1 installation on an SSD so I disconnected it before installing 9879. I wanted to choose OS in Bios at boot time. Install went smoothly and I booted into 9879 and did...