Windows 10: Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

Discus and support Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the error 0xc000014c and have plugged in a usb drive with windows 10 but can’t figure out where to go from here. Help? :( submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/idrlikethis, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

I have the error 0xc000014c and have plugged in a usb drive with windows 10 but can’t figure out where to go from here. Help? Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it :(

submitted by /u/idrlikethis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/idrlikethis, Jan 26, 2020
  2. reverze Win User

vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Jan 26, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 26, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

1. Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it - Similar Threads - error can’t figure

2. How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?: Hello.Recently, I sometimes encountered an issue - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" in my computer.I installed Windows 10 and I uploaded a minidump zip with the below link.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWu-LRW6W8iA6Vuh3TgyGwvdooef9oyI/view?usp=sharing...
  3. How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?: Hello.Recently, I sometimes encountered an issue - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" in my computer.I installed Windows 10 and I uploaded a minidump zip with the below link.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWu-LRW6W8iA6Vuh3TgyGwvdooef9oyI/view?usp=sharing...
  4. How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error: I’ve tried watching many videos on how to fix this, but at the point where you are moving the new bcd thing I’m not good with computers sorry it says path cannot be found...
  6. I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error: I’ve tried watching many videos on how to fix this, but at the point where you are moving the new bcd thing I’m not good with computers sorry it says path cannot be found...
  7. I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error

8. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause: Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before...
  9. Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10: I have an LGXC tv and an RTX 3090 graphics card to play my games. The only issue is with the hdr on Windows. Specifically with HDR games sometimes they look better when Windows HD Color/HDR is turned off. I am very confused about whether I’m suppose to be in RGB or 444 color...
  10. How to figure out whats stopping a computer from booting?

How to figure out whats stopping a computer from booting?: A laptop of mine recently decided to stop working. I used chkdsk on the hard drive a few times but that just said the diskor the filesystem at least was good. I've ran memtest86 on it for about a hour with no problems so i don't think ram is a problem for it. How would i find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIN10 1809 0xc000014C