Windows 10: Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

Discus and support Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, and thanks in advance for your time... The title pretty much describes it all... @/about 45% CPU, 28% RAM, 35-100% DISK on C:, Network up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shane_Camburn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

Hello, and thanks in advance for your time...

The title pretty much describes it all... @/about 45% CPU, 28% RAM, 35-100% DISK on C:, Network up and down from 0-10mbps, Power Usage "Very High", Power Usage Trend "Very High," all extremely odd things on my system.

Using Windows 10x64 v10.0.18363 Build 18363

On a Cyberpower Fang III Black Mamba
    Intel Core i7-3820 3.60Ghz

BIOS American Megatrends 3501 v2.7 UEFI

Motherboard ASUS P9X79
    RAM 32GB DDR3 1866

Gfx Card ASUS Cerberus GTX 1050 Ti
    PSU EVGA Supernova Platinum 1200w

In Windows System Information>Hardware Resources everything looks okay, a few shared items but that is all...

Error Reporting has been going at it for a good hour or two.

Ran System Maintenance at Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>Automatic Maintenance which had been done already in the last 24 hours by the system, but manually ran it again, and the problem persists.

Ran Windows Defender with nothing to report.

Checked for updates, everything up to date according to Windows Update.

Auto-killed the process in Task Manager to end task, closed explorer, reset to empty desktop, then when everything was restored, checked the Task Manager an in seconds it came back...

Any suggestions?

:)

Shane_Camburn, Dec 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Unistack Service Hogging resources

On my pc Windows 10 Unistack Service is hogging 95% - 98% of my disk drive time. I don't see any descriptions online about what this service is intended to do, and no indications that Microsoft has addressed the issue. Will this problem be resolved soon?

RichardGardner, Dec 2, 2019
  3. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

Error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on Windows 10

Hi Becky,

Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, download the latest chipset drivers, install them and check with the status of this issue.

Reference:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Reference: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the USB hard drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

1. Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources... - Similar Threads - Error Reporting Service

2. Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network: Currently Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization is hogging the network. Therefore nothing else can download at the right speed. For example I am using the xbox (beta) app to install Gears 5 but it is barely able to achieve a reading so downloads very slowly...
  3. cannot disable error reporting service

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable error reporting service: Not only that this is privacy issue. It is better to disable it for performance. I have disabled this service. I have even disabled in privacy program and it is still reporting errors, today i saw it running windows problem reporting wemgr.exe and i checked in msinfo, that it...
  4. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error

Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error: Hello, When i wanted to enable "network detection" on my W10x64 Pro, i discovered that this was denied. I could try, but when i closed the screen and opened it, the setting was disabled again. After some searching around on my system i discovered that the cause of this is...
  5. Resource Monitor Hardware error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resource Monitor Hardware error: Hi can someone help me identify the problem in my computer so i can fix it. Thanks here is the saved files. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4mOHNNgFP-C35Fa0L_LRbyOd2YZbQNK...
  6. Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU: Today I had a system that has been observed running the Windows Time service host at 56% CPU. I couldn't find a lot of literature on the topic and I couldn't resolve. I took a break and the service was back to 0. Someone else is also having the issue. What can cause this and...
  7. Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer: I had thought that perhaps some malware infected my computer and I open up task manager and the resources are being hogged by Windows Defender itself, which seems to be a bit of malware itself. Specifically something called Antimalware Service Executable. I have read the...
  8. "The remote device or resource is not accepting the connection" error

"The remote device or resource is not accepting the connection" error: Hi all, Well this is a strange one. I was wondering why my Windows 10 was not updating - it hasn't been, for a few months - and why Cortana was insisting I was offline, when I am not, when I discovered via the Network Troubleshooter that, for Microsoft services, "The...
  9. Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow error: WIndow resource could not start the repair service: Sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows gave an error of not being able to start. I am booting from a windows dvd(to repair window). Oddly, i could not find a way to start in safe mode. The window dvd boot have "Advanced options". Under that it has...
  10. Cortana background task host resource hogging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana background task host resource hogging: Hey all i have been having a problem with the cortana background task host. It seems to take up a lot of the CPU and disk after i have used either itunes or windows media player. I have no idea how long this has been going since i only noticed as i have other issues with...