Windows 10: Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

Discus and support Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, and thanks in advance for your time... The title pretty much describes it all... @/about 45% CPU, 28% RAM, 35-100% DISK on C:, Network up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shane_Camburn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

Hello, and thanks in advance for your time...

The title pretty much describes it all... @/about 45% CPU, 28% RAM, 35-100% DISK on C:, Network up and down from 0-10mbps, Power Usage "Very High", Power Usage Trend "Very High," all extremely odd things on my system.

Using Windows 10x64 v10.0.18363 Build 18363

On a Cyberpower Fang III Black Mamba
    Intel Core i7-3820 3.60Ghz

BIOS American Megatrends 3501 v2.7 UEFI

Motherboard ASUS P9X79
    RAM 32GB DDR3 1866

Gfx Card ASUS Cerberus GTX 1050 Ti
    PSU EVGA Supernova Platinum 1200w

In Windows System Information>Hardware Resources everything looks okay, a few shared items but that is all...

Error Reporting has been going at it for a good hour or two.

Ran System Maintenance at Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>Automatic Maintenance which had been done already in the last 24 hours by the system, but manually ran it again, and the problem persists.

Ran Windows Defender with nothing to report.

Checked for updates, everything up to date according to Windows Update.

Auto-killed the process in Task Manager to end task, closed explorer, reset to empty desktop, then when everything was restored, checked the Task Manager an in seconds it came back...

Any suggestions?

:)

Shane_Camburn, Dec 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Unistack Service Hogging resources

On my pc Windows 10 Unistack Service is hogging 95% - 98% of my disk drive time. I don't see any descriptions online about what this service is intended to do, and no indications that Microsoft has addressed the issue. Will this problem be resolved soon?

RichardGardner, Dec 2, 2019
  3. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

Error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on Windows 10

Hi Becky,

Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, download the latest chipset drivers, install them and check with the status of this issue.

Reference:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Reference: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the USB hard drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources...

1. Windows Error Reporting Service is hogging device hardware resources... - Similar Threads - Error Reporting Service

2. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager resource hog... until: Hi there,I have a Dell 7710 workstation with Win10 pro 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1526, 32gb ram and 3xSSD = 2 TBThe issue is with all programs closed, sitting in idle lid open or closed, after a short time the fans turn on and resources are hogged. If I open task manager the highest...
  3. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager resource hog... until: Hi there,I have a Dell 7710 workstation with Win10 pro 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1526, 32gb ram and 3xSSD = 2 TBThe issue is with all programs closed, sitting in idle lid open or closed, after a short time the fans turn on and resources are hogged. If I open task manager the highest...
  4. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome hogging all resources

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome hogging all resources: My Chrome(latest version) is hogging all resources, can having too many bookmarks, history, saved passwords, search engines etc cause chrome to hog all the PC resources? 167877
  6. Chrome hogging all resources

Chrome hogging all resources: My Chrome(latest version) is hogging all resources, can having too many bookmarks, history, saved passwords, search engines etc cause chrome to hog all the PC resources? 167877
  7. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging: I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my resources. I have ran antimalware with 3 different software and no malware found. I do not know what else to do. This is preventing me...
  8. Edge Chromium as a resource hog

Edge Chromium as a resource hog: Dear team of Edge Browser and its users, Please, comment on my personal experience in using Edge Chromium stable version on my PC with Windows 10 Home with all latest updates. At the beginning the Edge browser worked as a charm but suddenly it started working slowly...
  9. Resource Monitor Hardware error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resource Monitor Hardware error: Hi can someone help me identify the problem in my computer so i can fix it. Thanks here is the saved files. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4mOHNNgFP-C35Fa0L_LRbyOd2YZbQNK...
  10. Cortana background task host resource hogging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana background task host resource hogging: Hey all i have been having a problem with the cortana background task host. It seems to take up a lot of the CPU and disk after i have used either itunes or windows media player. I have no idea how long this has been going since i only noticed as i have other issues with...