Windows 10: Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll - Unable to restore

Discus and support Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll - Unable to restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Hard Drive was failing, so I got a new hard drive and cloned it (1tb hdd to a new 2tb SSD). I used Mini Partition tool Wizard. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaynaRam, Oct 12, 2019.

1. RaynaRam Win User

Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll - Unable to restore

Hi All,

Hard Drive was failing, so I got a new hard drive and cloned it (1tb hdd to a new 2tb SSD).

I used Mini Partition tool Wizard. Everything seemed to go well, until i deleted a few random partitions that were like 125mb (and empty) and then errors started to come up as I either just logged in from a restart or tried to uninstall a programme.

I tried to do the upgrade to 1903 and it failed and still came up with the errors. Not sure where I can upload the log file. It's really long.

Note: Not in safe mode

Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll -  Unable to restore 5615b790-615c-425d-8dc2-68250dd28c18?upload=true.png

Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll -  Unable to restore 1c5d2900-d472-4961-89bd-2192ee8cab46?upload=true.png

Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll -  Unable to restore 48371c40-3916-4388-8c08-d2cf339babe5?upload=true.png

I Ran SFC Scan now and got the following

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 15% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I Can't seem to find anything in the log file.

I managed to find the ole32.dll in my old hard drive and tried placing it in the exact same folder that it was previously in but then this error comes up when i do absolutely have admin access. Wont come up with any other prompts after this.

Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll -  Unable to restore 1968741e-bf17-4211-b237-a6dedfd9cd32?upload=true.png

:)

RaynaRam, Oct 12, 2019

2. Wintrust.dll & ole32.dll & XPcom all missing

Hi,

You will need to repair the invalid or corrupted WINTRUST.DLL registry entries before you uninstall and reinstall it.

Same goes with the Ole32.dll and the Xpcom.dll.

Search the internet on how to fix each ddl files. Most of the available websites will give you a step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

• For Ole32.dll, you need to download and run MSVBVM50.EXE from the Microsoft Software Library.
    • For WINTRUST.DLL, contact Dell Support or download it directly from their official website.
    • For Xpcom.dll, contact Mozilla on where to download the file.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Wintrust.dll & ole32.dll & XPcom all missing

Since an MS Critical Update last Friday occurred I have the very slow black screen occurring before finally booting up. Once booted up, I have several apps that will not open:

Spotify because of missing ole32.dll

Mozilla Thunderbird because of missing XPcom

Skype because of missing ole32.dll

Google Chrome wont even give a fail message.

I am advised to re-install them but because of the missing wintrust.dll
    I am unable to do so.

I originally tried to download Malwarebytes to check for a virus but again, unable to install that because of the missing Wintrust.dll.

I have 'registered' wintrust.dll as an administrator and that has made no difference.

I looked at doing a reset keeping my files but this looks like it will remove lots of things on my computer such as nvdia software and intel software which I suspect was part of my Lenovo Y50 build. I do not have the cd's to replace them.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed would be welcomed.

JP

JParker800, Oct 12, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

How to clone a hard drive?

I'm a little confused about one thing with this guide.

If my existing HDD is unplugged, and the only thing plugged in is my new, blank, SSD...where is the system image being stored for Windows to restore from?

Edit: I missed the part where it says you'll need an extra HDD to do this, my bad. Do you know if an external HDD would work to store the system image on?

OrbitzXT, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Errors after Cloning Drive - missing ole32.dll - Unable to restore - Similar Threads - Errors Cloning Drive

2. Miss DLL file error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miss DLL file error: Most of my applications suddenly not able to run and popped up error showing miss DLL files, I tried recovery for my C drive , tried running command in dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and tried run sfc /scannow both are not working...
  3. my ole32.dll is missing and i dont have time to install new windows pls help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ole32.dll is missing and i dont have time to install new windows pls help me: i really wanna open some files and because of this i cant open any files i hope you can help i would we very happy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ole32dll-is-missing-and-i-dont-have-time-to/19d1675e-96a4-4d7c-97d1-497e5156e6af
  4. missing d3d12.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing d3d12.dll error: I am running on windows 7, 64 bit laptop, getting missing d3d12.dll error. I tried downloading a driver, no luck, still error msg with Cheif Architect x13. please help...
  5. missing d3d12.dll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing d3d12.dll error: I am running on windows 7, 64 bit laptop, getting missing d3d12.dll error. I tried downloading a driver, no luck, still error msg with Cheif Architect x13. please help...
  6. Error msvcr120.dll and mscvcr140.dll is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error msvcr120.dll and mscvcr140.dll is missing: Please someone help me with my issue with FIFA 20 cuz when I open it it says my computer doesn't have msvcr140.dll and msvcr120.dll please reinstall. I have tried many methods but nothing helps....
  7. DLL Missing error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL Missing error: I have the latest Directx installed on my laptop. Still it says dll files missing. Shouldn't directx automatically solve this? Need steam_api64r.dll for COD Black Ops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-missing-error/39734f7f-75a8-448d-85c6-0ce99800a60b
  8. Missing dll error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing dll error: [IMG]Every time my laptop boots up, I get this error. I have also noticed that System32 appeared in my frequent folders, even I have not been in System32 recently. Should I be concerned? If this is an important dll, can someone provide a download? I honestly have no idea how...
  9. Unable to recovery after cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to recovery after cloning: Hi all, I upgraded to a Samsung Evo SSD by cloning with Samsung Migration software. After swapping the SSD, I am unable to do recovery option. Please advise. Thank you....
  10. Error code: 0xc000000e, unable to boot Windows after cloning hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code: 0xc000000e, unable to boot Windows after cloning hard drive: I have cloned the 2014 hdd from an ASUS laptop to the ssd using free aomei cloning software. I then installed the ssd into a 2017 Lenovo laptop. Windows will not run and I receive a blue recovery screen with error message "Error code: 0xc000000e". This hard drive is dual...