Windows 10: Windows errors in questions

Discus and support Windows errors in questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ugh. I've never had a memory stick fail. That really sucks. Well.. many years ago, I upgraded from a 4 to 8GB of Coursair memory. Me be new to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theelemntal, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Windows errors in questions

Well.. many years ago, I upgraded from a 4 to 8GB of Coursair memory. Me be new to computer issues like this, I reformated my HDD and resintalled Win7 and even sent in my GPU to due crashes and such I had. Got to a point where it was my new sticks were the issue.. I'm kind of happy I'm doing the memory test before doing anything. That Event ID 1001 regading the memory, started back on 2 of Feb. That is what Event Viewer shows

theelemntal, Feb 17, 2016
  2. lmaneke Win User

Yeah good thing you are. At least the major problem has been found *Smile

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  3. I just wish there is a better way to determinate which stick is bad, with out testing each one...

4. lmaneke Win User

Windows errors in questions

That's a good question. That's how I've had to do it. And that's what I tell my clients, and whoever needs computer help

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Reason why I ask, since all the addr with the first number being a 6 or a 7 and the last number being an 8. Also, does my system restart when Memtest86 is done?

6. lmaneke Win User
    Mine did not. I had to do a manual restart.

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  7. So once it is done, it'll boot into Windows?

8. lmaneke Win User

No. With memtest86 I had to press the reset button and reboot

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  9. lmaneke Win User
    But be sure to remove the drive that you used for memtest, and it will boot back to Windows

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  10. lmaneke Win User
    If you use Windows memory diagnostics then yes it would boot to Windows when done

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  11. philc43 Win User
    If I may add a comment, once you see an error in red with Memtest86 there is no point carrying on the test, any error is bad! Therefore it is quite quick to test each stick in turn in slot 1 and identify the one which shows up the errors as bad, (you indicated the error showed up straight away), then you can fit the others back in and run the extended test on these good memory sticks to be sure your system is OK.

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  12. lmaneke Win User
    Yeah that's why I said they need to be tested individually to find the bad one. Glad you added that though *Smile

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  13. Windows errors in questions

I did a test with two sticks. Since one of them I can't get to, due to my derpness having my CPU cooler turned a different way. It came with errors, so the only one I can get out.. So far, with one stick (being the one I can't get to) with no errors... I may have the wrong stick.. hope it is just one

14. lmaneke Win User
    Well, if that stick has no errors, then add the other sticks doing the test one by one. If you start getting errors with the next one inserted, then You will know what stick/sticks are Bad.

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  15. I bought two packs of 16GB (2x8GB).. If the bad one is part of the set of the one I can't get... that will be a pain... since I have to pull my whole system apart... *Sad I just hope I can send in one stick.

Thema:

1. Windows errors in questions - Similar Threads - errors questions

2. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  3. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  4. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  5. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  6. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  8. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  9. Sync Toy error question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  10. Sync Toy error question

Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...