Windows 10: Windows errors in questions

Discus and support Windows errors in questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You have the 212 EVO? Shouldn't be hard since you just have to take off the 4 screws that hold the bracket down, lift the heatsink off and remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theelemntal, Feb 15, 2016.

1. lmaneke Win User

Windows errors in questions

You have the 212 EVO? Shouldn't be hard since you just have to take off the 4 screws that hold the bracket down, lift the heatsink off and remove the stick. No need to take the whole thing apart. But I don't know what all you have in your box.

I think you can just send in one stick, however it depends on how the warranty works, on if it works with one stick, or if the warranty is only valid for the set. But when you do the RMA that would be a good question to ask the company.

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016

2. I have to take the Mobo out of the case, since for some odd reason, I try to turn the screws that are holding on EVO, just spin... and the cut out for the CPU is smaller (Cooler Master HAF 922)

theelemntal, Feb 17, 2016
  3. lmaneke Win User
    Oh boy. Well hopefully you find out which one is bad.

Good luck

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Windows errors in questions

Doing a test with two. One being one I know it good, and different one. (One in Black (close to CPU) and one in Blue (one next to the CPU)). With 58% pass... no errors. I just sent in an RMA to G.Skill to get a head start for I can get this fixed. Million dollar question, will this fix the Event ID 137 (error), that happens when I put it to sleep?

theelemntal, Feb 17, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    It should fix the issue most definitely. And you should test in the other black one. It's recommended that the 2 blue slots are populated first, then the 2 blacks be populated, especially if you have dual channel kits. Also you may want to check each slot as well, just so you know each slot is working properly. However if you find the bad RAM stick doing the process you are doing, if the system read all 32 GB of RAM you should be good to go. Just get the RMA done and get the replacement.

A good thing to do though, for good testing. After you find the bad RAM stick, if the other stick in your one set is good, insert it into the other black slot for dual channel mode. You will only have 16GB, but it will be a good test to see if your errors went away because you have 2 Good sticks in the system

lmaneke, Feb 17, 2016
  6. What if it is a dual channel issue, that is causing the errors in Memtest86?

theelemntal, Feb 18, 2016
  7. lmaneke Win User
    Are you getting errors running all sticks in the black slots? There shouldn't be any dual channel errors showing up in memtest86

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  8. lmaneke Win User

If the were dual channel problems, the board wouldn't read the correct amount of memory and you would have bluescreens. Also it would indicate a bad memory bank on the board more than likely

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  9. Oks, just wondering. It did pick up all 32GB on both Windows and MemTest86, back when I did a test with all four sticks. I never had a Bluescreen on Win10.

10. lmaneke Win User
    Ok. We're you able to find the bad stick?

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  11. Do have a question. I have two 8GB sticks (16GB) installed to do a another test (different slots) and I'm guessing it is normal that it showing 16351M? It is at test 7 with no errors

12. lmaneke Win User
    Yes that is correct. That's just the exact mb number for your RAM

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  13. Windows errors in questions

Oks, making sure. Do want to throw this by saying thank you and to others that offer to helping me. *Biggrin

14. lmaneke Win User
    You're welcome. Unfortunate that these things happen though. You have a great Mobo as we have the same one and I love it. I got a new HD coming for it Monday. Glad I can help

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  15. I had an old ASUS mobo, and decided to stick with them. I'm just happy it was a bad stick, not the mobo or my new SSD or my five year old HDD.

Thema:

1. Windows errors in questions - Similar Threads - errors questions

2. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  3. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  4. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  5. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  6. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  8. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  9. Sync Toy error question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  10. Sync Toy error question

Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...