Windows 10: Windows errors in questions

Discus and support Windows errors in questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've stuck with ASUS myself. I've owned many of these boards. For example ASUS M2N68-AM Plus ASUS M3N/H HDMI ASUS P5K PRO ASUS M4A88T-M (Not mine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theelemntal, Feb 15, 2016.

1. lmaneke Win User

Windows errors in questions

I've stuck with ASUS myself. I've owned many of these boards. For example

ASUS M2N68-AM Plus
    ASUS M3N/H HDMI
    ASUS P5K PRO
    ASUS M4A88T-M (Not mine personally)
    ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0
    ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Of all of these boards, the M5A99FX PRO R2.0 was DOA as it only lasted 3 hours because the CPU fried the board. Replacements worked great for almost a year now issues.

I've gotten 2 M5A97 R2.0 boards. One still works today, got refund on the other as the Audio ports didn't work.

I had 2 ASUS P5K PRO boards. 8 year old boards that run still today. One of them has a slight BIOS issue, but its in the box not being used. The other one I sold and works great for the buyer.

The M2N68-AM Plus board worked well for 5 years. It still works but it has a buldging capacitor so its in the box.

The M4A88T-M Board is used at my church. This is the worst board of all of them because it has a bad memory controller. Tried different sticks and CPU. It will see the right amount of memory, but not the type of memory, and we get memory management bsods on occasion.

The M3N/H HDMI has no issues and is in a box going to be used again at some point.

Been overall happy with ASUS.

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  2. electronicsguy, Feb 18, 2016
  3. lmaneke Win User
    He had a failed memory module, but probably good for reference

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  4. Windows errors in questions

I got home after a three hours in class. I started back the test once I got home with 3 sticks. Two in the blue and one in the black (The three I know are clean). So far, MemTest is picking up 24543M of Ram half way done with test 5. No errors so far.

I disbale the network card from waking my computer up, when Windows magiclly woke my system up twice for some odd reason, back a few weeks ago and never fixed it

theelemntal, Feb 18, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    So its a possibility the RAM stick you don't have inserted is the bad one. If you were to remove the 2 in the blue and insert the other one in the blue or the black, there should be memory errors all over the place.

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    Bad memory will cause a wake during sleep as the data stored in RAM would be damaged, and that would cause wake issues.

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  7. So if a system magicly wakes up after 10 minutes after you put it asleep, then go back to sleep, might have been an error with the memory, not a bad dream?

8. lmaneke Win User

Yup. Because in sleep mode, Windows saves its Data to RAM so when you wake it, everything will be the way it was when it entered sleep.

If you have a bad memory module, you will have 2 issues. The computer will either wake without warning, and your memory usage will be much lower as the memory stored in RAM was damaged, which could cause programs to fail, or even cause a bsod.

Another thing g that would happen is your PC may shut off without warning, like its going into a hibernate state. But when you restart the computer, it will either begin automatic repair and say that Windows didn't start successfully, or it will start up normally like a cold boot. It's rare, but it happens. I had an old lga775 board with Windows 7 and had issues like crazy with sleep. It wouldn't stay asleep for more than an hour, but had figured out the board had a bad memory bank
    But I had the board 3 years before that started happening. I forgot all about that board. It was a PCChips P17G/1333 board.

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  9. When I ran my Win7 off my HDD, I never bother putting it to sleep, due to some issue where my display couldn't come on. I never knew what caused it, but never had any performance issues or anything. That and it took a good mount of time to start up.

10. lmaneke Win User
    Hmm that is odd. I guess some machines just want to be goofy sometimes.

Oh, and not sure if I asked, since I see you've had this board a while. Did you update the UEFI to the latest 2501 BIOS? That is the best BIOS right now.

Also, hoping you got the bad stick out finally.

Since you have gotten 3 sticks with no errors, also put one of those sticks in the other black slot to just make sure its working. Also then boot to Windows and test your sleep issues and see if they reoccur.

lmaneke, Feb 18, 2016
  11. I haven't updated the BIOS on my mobo. It have been the same BIOS it had, when I got it back in '13. So far I let the Memtest go though the whole 13 tests and nothing came up during the first pass

theelemntal, Feb 19, 2016
  12. lmaneke Win User
    With what sticks? The same ones?

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  13. Windows errors in questions

Yeh, the three good ones. (Two in blue and one in black). Windows will boot like normal with three sticks, correct? I want to make sure.

14. lmaneke Win User
    Also remember to test a good stick in the other black slot

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  15. Of course. Hopefully the other black slot is good

Thema:

1. Windows errors in questions - Similar Threads - errors questions

2. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  3. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  4. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  5. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  6. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  8. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  9. Sync Toy error question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  10. Sync Toy error question

Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...