Windows 10: Windows errors in questions

Discus and support Windows errors in questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope so too If it is the black socket, that means I have to get a new Mobo? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theelemntal, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Windows errors in questions

If it is the black socket, that means I have to get a new Mobo?

theelemntal, Feb 19, 2016
  2. lmaneke Win User

Not necessarily. If there are errors in that bank, then you will have to then get the other RAM stick out. Then you will need to test the b1 slot on its own. If no errors are present, then it would indicate trouble with that dual channel kit. But do test. It's rare for a memory bank to go bad, however. If the bank was bad, then it wouldn't read a stick from it at all

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  3. If it is a dual channel, that means I have to send in both in? Yeh, the bank is good, since it picked up the ram.

4. lmaneke Win User

Windows errors in questions

Yes you would probably have to send the set in if they both aren't working together correctly. Not sure if you can just send in one stick. But as I said, let's test it first the black slot first with a good stick. If it passes with a good stick then we know the bank is OK and the other stick is bad " the one you haven't used yet". So hopefully it will work. Any one of the good sticks will work and enable dual channel because they are the same sticks. Lol

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  5. Can I put one of the good in the black slot, while keeping the other one in it's own slot, since I have to unplug everything and take the mobo out for I can get the Cooler.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4...2001.29.00.jpg
    Both sticks are good. The one under the CPU is the that is part of the kit that has the bad one.

6. lmaneke Win User
    Yes put the other one in the other black slot and test. If that stick is part of the other set, it will still work and run in dual channel

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  7. and if there is an error during a dual channel in the black slots. That mean the one under the CPU block, doesn't work with dual channel, but works when it by itself?

8. lmaneke Win User

Yes it could be. Hopefully that's not the case though.

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  9. I moved one of the sticks from the blue to the black and started the test. Test 5 with no errors *fingers cross*

10. lmaneke Win User
    You may want to boot into Windows and test sleep mode now when you get a chance *Smile

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  11. Oks, will do after I move the ram stick back into the blue slot. I did the test, with one pass though and stopped when the hammer test started since I already did it already. It was showed no errors. *Biggrin

12. Booted in windows with no errors and it is reporting 23.9GB of memory on the task manager profrmace tab, but picking up all 24GB ram in the resourse management window. Will try the sleep before I go to bed. Just want to let it run, update and such to make sure it is stable. If that bad chip what caused the sleep error thing, then I'll be happy.

13. lmaneke Win User

Good. Let me know of the results

lmaneke, Feb 19, 2016
  14. Welp, I still got the error 137. I guess I keep the system from sleeping until I figure out a fix.

theelemntal, Feb 20, 2016
  15. lmaneke Win User
    I'm shocked with the memory errors that the issue still persists.

The next step would be to update the BIOS.

If that stick is bad, then you may want to still get it replaced.

lmaneke, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows errors in questions - Similar Threads - errors questions

2. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  3. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?: I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 0x80070643?And don't tell me to watch YouTube videos that fix that error. I wanna know, are you gonna automatically fix it or not?...
  4. I have one question. Microsoft, are you gonna fix this error or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  6. Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error BSDO ntoskrnl.exe Question: Hello my friends, recently I bought a new computer and I geting some BSOD, got some Minidump file and I want to know if anyone can see what it means pleaseThe error is: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+42bfa9 fffff800`50000000 fffff800`51047000 0x01047000 0x2583840c 11/12/1989...
  7. Sync Toy error question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  8. Sync Toy error question

Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  9. PnP fatal error question?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PnP fatal error question?: Hi there. I was having a PnP error message for a labtop that I wanted to use and was having some difficulties with it. Somehow I ran into this problem when updating the security update or windows 10 in general I believe and ran into this error when the system was trying to...
  10. PnP fatal error question?

PnP fatal error question?: Hi there. I was having a PnP error message for a labtop that I wanted to use and was having some difficulties with it. Somehow I ran into this problem when updating the security update or windows 10 in general I believe and ran into this error when the system was trying to...