Windows 10: Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans

Discus and support Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So randomly just a few weeks ago I was given an error message for 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blake Barrett, May 4, 2019.

1. Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans

So randomly just a few weeks ago I was given an error message for 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4495667). Error messages were very rare for my computer and so I ignored it thinking it would simply retry the installation at another time. Only a few days ago I realised that a couple of updates had started backing up now and none of them would be going through due to install error - 0x800703e3. Also when I go into device manager to update a driver myself, I am given the error message "The configuration registry database is corrupt". I've attempted many methods over the past couple days to fix these errors.

- Using windows troubleshooting available in the system settings and through the windows website.

- Using third party software (Advanced System Repair Pro and Windows Registry Repair) which detect errors and say they've been fixed but does not allow for any updates.

- Sfc scans and system health checks on administrator command prompts
    - Entire system scan for malware or viruses by Norton Security (resulting in no compromises)
    - Attempted system resets with both keeping and removing personal files but it states half-way through that "Windows could not complete changes" and reverts back.

- When Cumulative Update (KB4495667) does download and I need to restart to install it, it has the same "Windows could not complete changes".

- Attempted reinstalling windows 10 from the original windows 10 usb, which brought my to the choice between 64 and 32 bit platforms but when trying to install 64bit (which is for my pc), it would get an error message along the lines of Windows couldn't complete the changes. Am unsure of the exact text.

- Manually installing device drivers from websites (such as nvidia), which always fails to install drivers.

- I have no backup or restore points to return too unfortunately

- Auto startup repair and other repairs from the advanced start-up menu
    - A few other small attempts at basic windows 10 fixes

Nothing I have attempted has had any results or impact and the system is always reverted when I'm eventually forced to restart with no change before or after the restart.

For simplification the main errors and problems I'm having are:

- 0x800703e3

- 0x80248007

- Configuration Registry Database is corrupt
    - Windows could not complete changes. Undoing changes

- Every now and then I'm met with something along the lines of "This does not contain third party NIF digitial signatures" when attempting to install drivers.

I am entirely lost and clueless as what to do from here. I would very much appreciate it if someone better versed in computers would be able to assist me with this.

:)

Blake Barrett, May 4, 2019
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, May 4, 2019
  3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans :)

Thermopylae_480, May 4, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans

1. Windows Errors not allowing for updates, driver updates, pc resetting or registry cleans - Similar Threads - Errors allowing updates

2. Help with Update Errors/Computer not allowing a reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Update Errors/Computer not allowing a reset: As of recently, an HP laptop of a family member’s will not allow updates to be downloaded (error code 0x800f0805) nor will it allow anything to be downloaded or deleted in general. Furthermore, when attempting to factory reset the laptop, It will come up with the error “There...
  3. Windows not allowing me to update error updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not allowing me to update error updating: Hi,I want to update my windows, but im having error updating my windows PC. It's not updating anything but showing updates avaialble. Please help....
  4. Windows not allowing me to update error updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not allowing me to update error updating: Hi,I want to update my windows, but im having error updating my windows PC. It's not updating anything but showing updates avaialble. Please help....
  5. Windows not allowing me to update error updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Drivers update causing error on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers update causing error on pc: Yesterday my windows pc did a drivers update and suggested a restart, after around an hour of restarting I figured something was wrong so turned it off and back on and now every time I turn on my pc I get an error message with stop code inaccessible boot device. I took all...
  7. Drivers update causing error on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers update causing error on pc: Yesterday my windows pc did a drivers update and suggested a restart, after around an hour of restarting I figured something was wrong so turned it off and back on and now every time I turn on my pc I get an error message with stop code inaccessible boot device. I took all...
  8. Can't update windows, reinstall drivers, reset pc

Can't update windows, reinstall drivers, reset pc: Hi, i've been having problems with updating windows, reinstalling drivers and resetting my pc. i get the error code 0x800703f1 when i try to update, i get there was a problem with resetting your pc when resetting, and i get the system cannot find the file specified or the...
  9. How to stop windows updates but allow driver updates.

How to stop windows updates but allow driver updates.: I would like to stop all windows updates, but continue to get driver updates. If necessary I can manually check for driver updates through device manager. I am aware I can pause updates for a week, but if I forget some may sneak through....
  10. Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

Can't update, reset, or install clean windows: Hello, I have a persisting issue: my computer is unable to update to the Windows 10, version 1909. Each time it starts by downloading the update in Windows Update, then installing, and then my computer requires restart. When I restart the computer, it says installing...