Windows 10: Windows Essentials Server shuts down every Friday

Discus and support Windows Essentials Server shuts down every Friday in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Might be the incorrect forum but, here goes. I am a newbie to WSE2019, for that matter any of the Windows server products. (Have been using W10 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10forbob, Feb 21, 2020.

1. 10forbob Win User

Windows Essentials Server shuts down every Friday

Might be the incorrect forum but, here goes.

I am a newbie to WSE2019, for that matter any of the Windows server products. (Have been using W10 for several years, now.) I have built this WSE2019 machine that is properly joined as a domain member server on an active directory domain. (Samba 4 Active Directory servers . . . if that matters.)

Every Friday, mid-morning, it shuts down.

It, this machine, started life as an evaluation server and a few weeks after getting it going I bought the proper license and "activated" it. (Did this problem evolve from the evaluation source?)

It was taken me months to follow and determine a shutdown pattern and a few weeks ago "every Friday" began to make sense. And now I have determined that every Friday is "the" pattern.

The event viewer shows it is a ". . . . Licensing Compliance Service caused a shutdown . . ." And yet, the system info shows "activated".

I am NOT finding much documentation referencing a WSE2019 as a DOMAIN MEMBER SERVER. (Plenty of documentation when WSE2019 is the domain . . . whatever.) This machine is NOT a domain controller or FSMO service provider. It is simply a "member server" serving files to W10PRO workstations.

My WSE2019 is version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

How do I disable this "shutting down every Friday" activity?

:)

10forbob, Feb 21, 2020

2. Remove Backups Server essentials 2012R2

I would like to remove some old backups for devices listed in the windows server essentials 2012 R2 dashboard to free up hard drive space. Also would like to delete old backups from client computers no longer on the network.

What are the steps needed to accomplish this? I do not see an obvious way to do this in the devices tab of the dashboard.

Thank you

JeffSF_777, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Server 2019 Essentials update

Source: Windows Server 2019 Essentials update Windows Server Blog

Brink, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Server 2019 Essentials update

Source: Windows Server 2019 Essentials update Windows Server Blog

Brink, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Essentials Server shuts down every Friday - Similar Threads - Essentials Server shuts

2. windows was not properly shut down on every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows was not properly shut down on every boot: I recently built a new PC with the following parts:Ryzen 9 7900x Asus TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 Ram 6000 mhz MSI RTX 3090 2TB Samsung 980 PRO New Windows 10 pro install Corsair 1000 PSUDrivers, bios and Windows 10 are up-to-date, but every day I...
  3. windows was not properly shut down on every boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows was not properly shut down on every boot: I recently built a new PC with the following parts:Ryzen 9 7900x Asus TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 Ram 6000 mhz MSI RTX 3090 2TB Samsung 980 PRO New Windows 10 pro install Corsair 1000 PSUDrivers, bios and Windows 10 are up-to-date, but every day I...
  4. windows was not properly shut down on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Server 2022 Essential

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022 Essential: Hello,I have a small business with my dekstop win 10 pro 21H1, LENOVO / IntelR CoreTM i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz / RAM 16,0 GB / 64bit OS . All I need is the possibility to have one RDS simultaneously with the user on the desktop. I suppose I need to reinstall my OS to...
  6. Windows Server 2022 Essential

Windows Server 2022 Essential: Hello,I have a small business with my dekstop win 10 pro 21H1, LENOVO / IntelR CoreTM i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz / RAM 16,0 GB / 64bit OS . All I need is the possibility to have one RDS simultaneously with the user on the desktop. I suppose I need to reinstall my OS to...
  7. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night: Most unfortunately, this usually but not always happens when my backup is running, between 21:00 and 23:00. This is what I see each time in the Windows System event log:The process id_service.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer OMEN875 on behalf of user NT...
  8. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night: Most unfortunately, this usually but not always happens when my backup is running, between 21:00 and 23:00. This is what I see each time in the Windows System event log:The process id_service.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer OMEN875 on behalf of user NT...
  9. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

10. Windows Server Essentials 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server Essentials 2016: I am unable to login under a different username to some of my Pc's. It looks like there is no domain authentication but only the local Cache. This happened after a power failure during an update....