Windows 10: Windows Ethernet Status Speed shows 1.0GBPS but I only get 100MBPS.

Discus and support Windows Ethernet Status Speed shows 1.0GBPS but I only get 100MBPS. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC that can clearly show in ncpa.cpl Ethernet Status that I can have 1.0 Gbps Speed but Speedtest only shows 90-92mbs and 45mb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by p0gchamp, Dec 1, 2020.

1. p0gchamp Win User

Windows Ethernet Status Speed shows 1.0GBPS but I only get 100MBPS.

I have a Windows 10 PC that can clearly show in ncpa.cpl Ethernet Status that I can have 1.0 Gbps Speed but Speedtest only shows 90-92mbs and 45mb upload. What should I do?

ASRock H81M-VG4
    i5-4590

Nvidia GTX1060

16gb RAM

:)

p0gchamp, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Oz2206 Win User

Can I connect to my ISP@200mbps through ethernet cable when I have a TAP-Windows Adapter V9 card installed which shows 100mbps as it's speed?

Hi there,

I have recently bought a new laptop and have a 200mbps internet line installed. My issue is this. When I plug the ethernet cable from the router into my laptop and run a speedtest, the max I am getting is less than 100mbps, (usually around 93-95mbpsDL).

I then remove the ethernet cable and run the speedtest over the wifi and am hitting 200mbps, which is great.

The status of my Ethernet 3 adaptor lists 100mbps. Yet this is a top spec brand new laptop (07/2016). Am I right then in thinking that almost all new laptops shipped have 100mbps max DL speed limit?? And therefore any fast connection over an ethernet is just
    wasted??

If so, this seems very odd to me. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Oz2206, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Ethernet speed

Have a Dell Inspiron with an Intel Core 13 7th Gen processor running Windows 10.

I just wired Cat6 cable from my modem to this computer as I wasn't getting good download speed via WIFI.

It appears my ethernet speed is set at a max of 100Mbps, can I up the speed to 300Mbps?

If so, how?

Bill BWS2020, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows Ethernet Status Speed shows 1.0GBPS but I only get 100MBPS.

Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status

Thanks for the reply. Initially i had gig speed with this pc until this 100mbps prob appeared. Currently my other laptop is receiving gig speed with the same cable.

Another pointer to add on.
    Sometimes when i change the port on the router, the pc reads 1gbps. After 1-2 hrs it will disconnect and reconnect back to 100mbps

wintermilk, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Ethernet Status Speed shows 1.0GBPS but I only get 100MBPS.

1. Windows Ethernet Status Speed shows 1.0GBPS but I only get 100MBPS. - Similar Threads - Ethernet Status Speed

2. Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre: So I have been trying to fix this for the last week....- I have had 1Gb Fibre installed.- I installed a TP-Link 2.5 Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter TX201 .Issue-The speed on my Ethernet is showing 100.0Mbps.-Changed Speed and Duplex to 1.0Gbps Full Duplex.-Speed on...
  3. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  4. Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet: I recently switched to gigabit internet and for some reason on this dektop built myself I am not able to get more than 100 mbps on ethernet or wi-fi. This is only happening with my PC because I have tried it with every other device in the house. The Ethernet cable is fine...
  5. Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet: I recently switched to gigabit internet and for some reason on this dektop built myself I am not able to get more than 100 mbps on ethernet or wi-fi. This is only happening with my PC because I have tried it with every other device in the house. The Ethernet cable is fine...
  6. Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet

7. Getting 100mbps speed from 2.5gbe network card

Getting 100mbps speed from 2.5gbe network card: Hi, I have a Windows 10 HP Pavilion 595-p0049. I am getting only 100mbps speed from my network card. I recently purchased a 2.5 gbe Realtek card it for my PC (already had a preinstalled 1gbe card, also from Realtek). The preinstalled card is getting 930mbps as tested on...
  8. Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps: Hi everyone, So, this thing is driving me crazy. -I've got a 300mbps internet. -My network adapter is gigabit capable. -The ISP router to which I'm connected via a perfectly good cable is also gigabite capable. However, apparently randomly, Windows 10 limits my Gigabite...
  9. Ethernet speed 1/3 what it should be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet speed 1/3 what it should be: To preface this-I have gigabit, ethernet works on other laptops 950 Mbps up/down like normal, yet when plugged into my desktop it never goes above 300mbps. I have all ethernet settings default, speed is listed as full-duplex 1gbps, I don't know what's happening. I've followed...
  10. Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status

Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status: I'm using 3600+B450 tomahawk max mobo with CAT6 LAN cable plugged in. I'm using Win10 1909 18363.815 All the while it has been 1Gbps until few days ago it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting by its own. And when reconnects it shows 100mbps. Cable should be working fine as...