Windows 10: Windows Event log for Pre Failure of SSD's

Discus and support Windows Event log for Pre Failure of SSD's in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Team, We have encountered SSD failure issue in our organisation wherein we are losing data of customers and our existing hardware monitoring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amit Kumar (IT), Sep 10, 2018.

1. Windows Event log for Pre Failure of SSD's

Hello Team,

We have encountered SSD failure issue in our organisation wherein we are losing data of customers and our existing hardware monitoring tool fails to identify the health of SSD. Can we get any event logs generated before failure of SSD so that we can implement in our monitoring tool and take proactive measures to replace or repair SSD

Share if you have any SSD health monitoring tool to rescue SSD failure.

Your prompt reply will help us.

Regards,

Amit Kumar

:)

Amit Kumar (IT), Sep 10, 2018
  2. Oliver_FF Win User

Windows Vista Tech Support

Go to the control panel, go to Administrative Tools, then Event Viewer. UAC will jump in asking for permission to continue, grant it.

Let it load - in the middle of the window you'll get a list of all the logged events... Critical, Error, Warning, Information, Audit Success and Audit Failure.

Don't get worried at how many errors/warnings you've got - every little thing seems to get listed in Vista - i've recorded 60,000 errors in the 3 months i've been on Vista!

Just look around for anything logged around the time you get the crashes... or if your feeling daring, crash it, reboot and look at the latest logs.

Oliver_FF, Sep 10, 2018
  3. swarfega Win User
    SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows Event log for Pre Failure of SSD's

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Event log for Pre Failure of SSD's

1. Windows Event log for Pre Failure of SSD's - Similar Threads - Event log Pre

2. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  3. Security Log Failure Event ID 4771 Kerberos pre-authentication failed. Mapped Drives not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Log Failure Event ID 4771 Kerberos pre-authentication failed. Mapped Drives not...: I have someone with a laptop and desktop. Periodically mapped drives will not work. They have a green dot but you cannot expand the list of subfolders, see files, etc. This are DFS shares. If I sign in on the laptop as a different user, everything works. He told me the...
  4. Security Log Failure Event ID 4771 Kerberos pre-authentication failed. Mapped Drives not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Log Failure Event ID 4771 Kerberos pre-authentication failed. Mapped Drives not...: I have someone with a laptop and desktop. Periodically mapped drives will not work. They have a green dot but you cannot expand the list of subfolders, see files, etc. This are DFS shares. If I sign in on the laptop as a different user, everything works. He told me the...
  5. Security Log Failure Event ID 4771 Kerberos pre-authentication failed. Mapped Drives not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer: Hi, Hoping to get some help here. My application software uses the Windows Event Log Viewer to capture audit trail. I’m trying to verify the timestamp of the following activities: logon failure with incorrect password, and successful logon. The timestamp of my successful...
  7. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer: Hi, Hoping to get some help here. My application software uses the Windows Event Log Viewer to capture audit trail. I’m trying to verify the timestamp of the following activities: logon failure with incorrect password, and successful logon. The timestamp of my successful...
  8. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...
  9. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...
  10. SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Failure: Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure. Perhaps I shouldn't be too...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SSD event log

2. event logs ssd faiklure