Windows 10: Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

Discus and support Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [Daniel Choi], Apr 6, 2021.

1. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log.

I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time Changes.

I wanted to make sure however, that these times are always recorded and was experimenting with the service. I tried to disable the logging service by going to the service manager, and made it so the "Windows Event Log" Service doesn't start up. In fact, after doing so and restarting, I couldn't view Windows Event Viewer due to the logging service not running.

In the meantime, I changed the system time, restarted the device again, and finally turned the "Windows Event Log" service back on.

Checking the Event Viewer, I found a lot of errors, mainly event 10005, 7001, and a bit of 7023. This was expected, since with the log service not running, several other services would be impacted as well.

What I found surprising was that, among the long list of errors, I was able to find some information logs of event id 1074 and 1, which corresponded to the system restart and system time change.

So, my question is..

How does Windows Log these information Restart, time change when the Windows Event Log service is not running? Can I be safe to assume that these events will always be logged even if the Event Log service is not running?

Thank you.

:)

[Daniel Choi], Apr 6, 2021
  2. odddray Win User

random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, Apr 6, 2021
  3. "Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

"Windows Event Log" service not starting

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortuantely your suggestions did not solved the problem: the clean boot didn't help me in find/solve the issue and, as suggested by BugsB, I restarted the machine in safe mode but I didn't found any MBR error.

Is there any file that can be copied from another machine in order to restore the Windows Event Log service ?

AndreaSchiavinato, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

1. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs - Similar Threads - Event Log Service

2. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly restarts with event logs: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter.My PC SpecsCPU: Ryzen 7...
  3. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly restarts with event logs: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter.My PC SpecsCPU: Ryzen 7...
  4. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

5. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

6. Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200: Hello. Very recently I started to have an issue with my shutdown/restart. From few seconds to like 2 minutes. It doesn't happen every time. Every few restarts problem comes back. The event log shows Error with event ID 200. I tried to kill some services but the problem is...
  7. Event Log Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log Service: When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but if I check back later I get the same message and nothing has been logged...
  8. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried. I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10 This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server...
  9. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...
  10. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...