Windows 10: Windows event log

Discus and support Windows event log in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I'd like to request some insight on an event log. I'm playing a game called Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and it keeps crashing onto desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam B hu, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Adam B hu Win User

Windows event log

Hello.

I'd like to request some insight on an event log. I'm playing a game called Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and it keeps crashing onto desktop, and this is what I've found in the event log:

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: 141
    P2: ffff8681bbd8f460
    P3: fffff8016876c7e4
    P4: 0
    P5: 1860
    P6: 10_0_17763
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20190413-1220.dmp
    \\?\C:\Windows\TEMP\WER-9006375-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7729.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER772A.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7739.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER773A.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_141_5170dcb967662d0c76b766bee74825f2cc3eb_00000000_cab_1c617823

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 9f66ae71-416c-4548-b2b0-bdd39e58541d
    Report Status: 2049
    Hashed bucket:
    Cab Guid: 0

If someone could assist me in finding out what causes the crash, I'd be much obliged.

:)

Adam B hu, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 13, 2019
  3. JohnBurns Win User
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Apr 13, 2019
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Windows event log

NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

Windows event log NTFSCompressEventLog.png

Windows event log NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

Thema:

Windows event log

1. Windows event log - Similar Threads - event log

2. Understanding the Event Data of Event Viewer logs in XML format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Understanding the Event Data of Event Viewer logs in XML format: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to decode the %%-numbers present in some XML event data section. For example, in the eventID 5152, I have <EventData><Data Name='ProcessId'>0</Data><Data Name='Application'>-</Data><Data Name='Direction'>%%14592</Data><Data...
  3. Blue error and issue in Event log. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue error and issue in Event log. Please help!: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 6/7/2019 10:35:13 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DESKTOP-NEM4QSV\tanle Computer: DESKTOP-NEM4QSV Description: The...
  4. In windows log, I see events from source "TPM-WMI". Can someone help me what is this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In windows log, I see events from source "TPM-WMI". Can someone help me what is this?: In windows log, I see events from source "TPM-WMI". Can someone help me what is this? Can it only come from TPM Module? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-log-i-see-events-from-source-tpm-wmi/e2de9bdd-3ac7-4b2c-9749-77dd216d1ac1"
  5. When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,...: Explorer.exe is crashing and restarting when logging into Windows. I have the event logs captured. It does not happen every time I log into Windows. The version of Windows I am using is Windows 10 1803. I have tried running SFC /SCANNOW, DISM /online /cleanup-image...
  6. Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated: I had to reinstall Windows 10. Afterwards, Windows does not detect my Samsung Syncmaster 171N. I believe it was using the GenericPnP driver. There is no specific driver for that monitor on Windows10 (or 7). The event log for the driver says Device...
  7. Failed to transfer logged messages to the log event with status 50

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to transfer logged messages to the log event with status 50: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of the most common hardware problems with any computer is usually with the hard drive. If the hard drive goes bad, you could lose a lot of important information stored on your system. Thus, Windows has provided users with [...] This post Failed to...
  8. Is there a Win 10 log that records startup events ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a Win 10 log that records startup events ?: Win 10 home Version 1809 (OS 17763.437) For the most part everything works pretty well and mostly does so. I have always been curious as to IF there was a log of some sort (or a way to generate one) that contained information as various apps, that are defined in the...
  9. Audio Installation failure 2-4-19 (event log)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Installation failure 2-4-19 (event log): I have majicjack telephone service through my windows 10 computer. I have had the computor and magicJack since 2015(new) In the last month when I get a call from my friend I am able to hear his voice but he cannot hear mine. Getting very aggravating. My friend is in...
  10. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...