Windows 10: Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear

Discus and support Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise fully patched, O365 professional fully patched, Onedrive support. Today... editing a large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by notonyourtintype, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear

Hi folks,

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise fully patched, O365 professional fully patched, Onedrive support. Today... editing a large 180+page document, something is causing a LOT of rapid pop-up/disappearing smaller windows, about a tenth of the screen size. They come up and disappear in less than an eyeblink, and are not there long enough to read anything.

My quick attempts to investigate don't find anything suspicious in Event Viewer. These happen with or without a browser running.

By turning various things off, I may have isolated this to Dropbox or OneDrive, but it would be great if I could find where Windows keeps an event log of windows being created, or how to turn that on. That could get very logfile-intense, of course, but it would be nice for debugging.

Thoughts?

:)

notonyourtintype, Mar 28, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Weird CMD windows popping up

Process Explorer

Leave it running in the background. It will track everything running on the system, but when a process closes Process Explorer highlights it red and leaves it visable for awhile. So when the window pops up, switch over to Process Explorer quickly and see what is red before it disappears.

newtekie1, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Print window popping up off screen

Hi guys, I've had this Windows 10 issue for a while. Every time I a print pop-up appears in Internet Explorer, it's off screen. The issue is not present in another browser like Google Chrome. I've attached a screenshot. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Kantastic, Mar 28, 2021
  4. silkstone Win User

Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear

Weird CMD windows popping up

I was wondering whether anyone has any ideas as to how I can find out what's going on.

When using my computer, I keep getting (every 30 mins or so) windows popping up and disappearing a millisecond later. I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination as It brings me out of full screen, if I am playing a game. I think they are command prompt windows, but I can't be sure as it closes so fast.

Does anyone know a way to track what windows have been launched? I was thinking I might be able to use Fraps or something similar to make a video and go through it frame-by-frame, but I'm hoping there's an easier way.

I have Kaspersky AV and Mlwarebytes on my computer and am hoping something hasn't gotten past them (both scan as clean)

silkstone, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear

1. Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear - Similar Threads - Event Logs pop

2. Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of...: Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of either restart or postpone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-there-be-any-event-logged-into-event-loggers/98ec256e-2d4c-4732-bfc3-83aa237e65f5
  3. Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of...: Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of either restart or postpone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-there-be-any-event-logged-into-event-loggers/98ec256e-2d4c-4732-bfc3-83aa237e65f5
  4. Will there be any event logged into event loggers when the pop up appears with options of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window pop-up and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window pop-up and disappear: Hello, I have been suffering from a pop-up that switch from my game to desktop and its annoying to see it while watching videos too, so basically this pop-up look like a file window, it has no name on the top left part, has a transparent background you can see through it. So...
  6. Window pop-up and disappear

Window pop-up and disappear: Hello, I have been suffering from a pop-up that switch from my game to desktop and its annoying to see it while watching videos too, so basically this pop-up look like a file window, it has no name on the top left part, has a transparent background you can see through it. So...
  7. Window pops up and disappears Not CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window pops up and disappears Not CMD: There is a window that keeps poping up and disappearing instantly in Windows 11 but it does not look like a CMD window, more like some program but I can't tell what it is because it happens way too fast. I tried screen recording to try and pick it up but it does not show at...
  8. Window pops up and disappears Not CMD

Window pops up and disappears Not CMD: There is a window that keeps poping up and disappearing instantly in Windows 11 but it does not look like a CMD window, more like some program but I can't tell what it is because it happens way too fast. I tried screen recording to try and pick it up but it does not show at...
  9. Words popping-up..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Words popping-up..: Hi, please tell how to stop words from popping up as shown in image. It is causing a bit of a problem. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/words-popping-up/9cf89c36-e3ee-4000-bfa7-59d70532ef27
  10. Pop UP disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pop UP disappears: How to make the Pop UP appear in Windows 10? [img] 17994