Windows 10: Windows everything is behaving strangely.

Discus and support Windows everything is behaving strangely. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after installing a Windows 10 update, my computer started behaving strangely. Namely, the taskbar is unresponsive, all my applications on it are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimpleSage, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows everything is behaving strangely.

So after installing a Windows 10 update, my computer started behaving strangely. Namely, the taskbar is unresponsive, all my applications on it are gone, and it literally doesn't work. The start menu, wifi, and other utilities wont open and they won't even be highlighted when hovering over them. Furthermore, I tried to rollback my update by trying to go into settings, but opening settings from Windows Explorer (since start menu doesn't work) won't open settings; Windows Explorer simply hangs then crashes. Alt-tabbing also doesn't work. Keystroke shortcuts like the Win + X and Win + R don't work.

I've tried a bunch of things including running /sfc scannow (which returned no violations), restarting Windows Explorer doesn't help, and I tried doing a repair upgrade, but when I mount the ISO and run setup, the autorun.dll can't be found etc.

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment. All my applications seem to work just fine as I'm typing this on the computer with the issues, but Windows itself is just broken. Please help.

*Edit: Just an observation. I just opened Discord and noticed the icon showed up on the taskbar where it usually is, so it seems taskbar is working? But all the aforementioned problems still persist.

:)

SimpleSage, Dec 14, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 14, 2018
  3. lx07 Win User
    One window in Win 10 behaves strangely

I get the same as you (opens multiple times) if I browse to downloads and create a shortcut through right click > send to > desktop (create shortcut) like this:

Windows everything is behaving strangely. [​IMG]

It works as expected however (only opens the folder once) if I create a shortcut to downloads by right click on desktop > create shortcut then browse to downloads. Through this box I mean..

Windows everything is behaving strangely. [​IMG]

The details on all properties tabs are identical except the name and the size. The first one is 1.19kb and the second is 793 bytes.

Very strange. How did you make your shortcut?

4. Windows everything is behaving strangely.

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Hi.

I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt
    button it writes "0\ " band makes chrome full screen. If I press the alt button two times in row it opens a Ctrl+alt+delete menu, but when I press Ctrl+alt+delete system doesn't react. Sometimes it opens a new chrome windows or opens "Save as..." dialog box.

When I click on desktop and press left alt button start menu opens, but right alt button does nothing.

When i press left alt button on "File Explorer" sometimes it opens Ctrl+alt+delete menu, sometimes makes "File Explorer" full screen, when pressing the right one steps on folders, or opens new "File Explorer" window.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards Andranik

AndranikAghabekyan, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows everything is behaving strangely.

1. Windows everything is behaving strangely. - Similar Threads - everything behaving strangely

2. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  3. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  4. Windows Mail behaves strangely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail behaves strangely?: Hi, I use windows mail but over time it's got weirder and weirder! I use Win Insider build 21277. 1 Sometimes when I start the app it close unexpected 2 I can't add more than 2 google accounts Please help me! Poul Erik Rasmussen...
  5. Mouse clicks behaves strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks behaves strange: I am facing a serious issue with the mouse. Any type of mouse connected to my laptop works fine for few days and after that issues pop up, most often single left mouse click is misinterpreted as multiple clicks two or three. Sometimes a single click will select the whole text...
  6. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer is behaving very strange: A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file it would completely freeze but not showing "Not responding". Later, I stopped having this problem but after a few days I had...
  7. everything is strange

in Windows 10 Customization
    everything is strange: the colors are kindof "darkened". i tried restarting, hard resetting, reopening, etc etc and its still like that. im on surface pro 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-is-strange/c340f0f8-2409-42a4-a291-dd959e8b14cf
  8. Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!: I just found out something strange regarding the windows 10 calculator and am posting a video regarding it: https://youtu.be/JLMJXajzkw0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calculator-behaves-strange/ce0ecd87-6fc4-4c59-8b8c-f1b182fc8ac2
  9. Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt button it...
  10. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

Left Shift Behaving Strangely: hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit. this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop hangs and behaves strangely after upgradation to windows 1903

2. windows behaving