Windows 10: Windows expired post factory reset of the system

Discus and support Windows expired post factory reset of the system in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had reset my system few months back and post that it seems my system was running on Windows 10 pro. For three years its been running on Win 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SD_13_09, Jun 11, 2021.

1. SD_13_09 Win User

Windows expired post factory reset of the system

I had reset my system few months back and post that it seems my system was running on Windows 10 pro. For three years its been running on Win 10 and after reset it shows me license is expiring and today its expired. I got my system with pre installed Windows 10 and I believe the factory reset must have changed Windows key. Can you help me to restore my windows ?Thanks a lot !!

:)

SD_13_09, Jun 11, 2021

2. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 11, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Unable to perform a system reset

Hi,

A factory reset is a way to restore a device to its original system state. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried backing up your important files and check if you can perform factory reset?
    • Why do you want to perform a factory reset in your laptop?

Meanwhile, you can also follow the steps provided in this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10.
    It will let you restore from a system restore point or go back to the previous version of Windows.

Keeps us posted if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows expired post factory reset of the system - Similar Threads - expired post factory

2. Windows Expire after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Expire after Factory Reset: Windows was working perfectly until I factory reset. Then it starts saying Windows Expiring, Activate Windows. Now there is a watermark at the bottom right and when I tried to go to settings, it says "We Can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your...
  3. Windows Expire after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Expire after Factory Reset: Windows was working perfectly until I factory reset. Then it starts saying Windows Expiring, Activate Windows. Now there is a watermark at the bottom right and when I tried to go to settings, it says "We Can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your...
  4. Windows Expire after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System won’t Reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System won’t Reset to factory settings: Hello. There a few problems with my hp laptop running on windows 10 and would like to perform a factory reset. However even after deleting all apps and files off the system. A warning error states I must clear 2GB worth of items. Although this does seem possible. Would really...
  6. Windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows factory reset: So, I just started a factory reset on my laptop, and I chose the “Fully Clean Drives” option. And after it reached 100%, I’m now currently on a black screen. And its been 2 hours, so im not sure if this is normal or not. I can still move the cursor, but thats it....
  7. Resetting WIndows (factory reset)

Resetting WIndows (factory reset): Hey, I own an Asus Ux461UA and recently my onedrive wasn't syncing and stuff and all the solutions did not work out so I was planning to reset. However, when I tried to reset through settings, it came up with "There was a problem resetting you PC. No changes were made." Then...
  8. Factory System Restore, Factory Reset Windows 10pro PC

Factory System Restore, Factory Reset Windows 10pro PC: How to create restore point the date issues, or how to create restore point factory reset, Factory System Restore on Windows 10pro pc Because I try to do that but it not going to the date as i need pc back to I need to reset pc to the date as i buy and start open the...
  9. System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems

System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems: My system has been running slow for the last year due to the storage being full and I wanted to clear it out and start over as I had no important things on the system and would take to long to clear everything out manually, I did a factory reset to reinstall windows which...
  10. post upgrade system resets to unusable state.

post upgrade system resets to unusable state.: I'm totally stumped. I've upgraded from Win 7 to 10 twice and this happened both times. Basically on my Lenovo laptop I perform the upgrade and everything seems to work perfectly. After 1-2 hours of use, all of the files in the account I'm using seem to delete themselves in...