Windows 10: Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

Discus and support Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So windows explorer was using about 80-85% memory, I had a look around here but I didn't find anything particularly helpful. However I restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StefanDonciu, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

So windows explorer was using about 80-85% memory, I had a look around here but I didn't find anything particularly helpful. However I restart the process from Task Manager and then it dropped to normal. Will restart computer to see if it persists did not think about it before hand.Device is a laptop with 32GB RAM and 2x512 SSD running Windows 11 Home 22H2

:)

StefanDonciu, Nov 6, 2023
  2. Chocolade Win User

Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

Now i'm using windows 10 but I had this problem also when using windows 8.1pro.
    The windows 81.pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install.
    Also windows 10 I got it free online and the same problem.

For example now i'm using Edge I have two windows opened in one I have 10 tabs open and in the other I have like 20 tabs open. But the problem happen also with two windows and 6 tabs open in each one.

The problem is that once I start Edge or Chrome on windows 81.pro or windows 10 I see in Task Manager that the memory usage is about 60%. Then after some times without doing anything special the memory usage raise to 80-85% then ine many cases also to 96-97-98%.

Now and in most of the times I have in the background a game running in this case battlefield bad company 2 that take about 600-800MB of memory.
    But it happen even if I close the game.

The only way to push the memory usage down is in the task manager to shut down the Edge/Chrome and all it's tabs.
    Then to start the browser again.
    I tested my pc with memtest I don't have any memory errors.
    I don't have any blue screens. Can't figure out where is the problem.
    My brother have like 10-15 years old pc then my one with 4GB ram and he can open like 20 tabs of chrome without a problem.

While the memory usage raise to 85-98% everything is running slow all the pc is slow almost freezing.

Before finding a fix I was wondering if there is a way to dig and find what cause the problem.
    And also if there is any fix already i would like to know about since i couldn't find anything yet.

Chocolade, Nov 6, 2023
  3. Dewin50 Win User
    Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help)

Hi. A couple of days after Windows 10 was released i upgraded from previous Windows 8.1. I had a problem with windows 8/8.1 with my Disk usage always going up to 100%, this problem carried over to windows 10 luckily so did the easy fix for it. (For me disabling Background intelligence Transfer service and Superfecth seems to do the trick)

However lately I've gotten a new problem, with the memory usage being at 80% up to 100%.

Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage 32711d1485954786t-memory-usage-being-up-80-100-a-memmory-100.png

Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage 32712d1485954786t-memory-usage-being-up-80-100-a-83-.png

It seems to be hidden processes so does anyone know how i can find the source of this?
    I tried downloading Windows driver kit (The latest one i could find was for Win8/8.1) and poolmon was able to show me the hidden processes.

Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage 32713d1485954786t-memory-usage-being-up-80-100-a-poolmon.png

However when trying to identify the processes xperf doesn't seem to want to work with me

Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage 32714d1485954786t-memory-usage-being-up-80-100-a-xperf.png

I'm not that good on this kind of stuff and all this was just me reading and trying out methods that i found when looking for help.
    So does anyone know how i can fix this?

Dewin50, Nov 6, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

dalchina, Nov 6, 2023
Thema:

Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

1. Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage - Similar Threads - Explorer 85% memory

2. Windows explorer ram memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer ram memory usage: I download windows 11 23H2 iso from microsoft site it is 22631.2428, make boot usb, and install on my pc everything work good but i have problem with file explorer when i use him and going to this pc or file explorer icon on task bar he use more and more ram and not empty, he...
  3. Windows explorer ram memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer ram memory usage: I download windows 11 23H2 iso from microsoft site it is 22631.2428, make boot usb, and install on my pc everything work good but i have problem with file explorer when i use him and going to this pc or file explorer icon on task bar he use more and more ram and not empty, he...
  4. Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage: So windows explorer was using about 80-85% memory, I had a look around here but I didn't find anything particularly helpful. However I restart the process from Task Manager and then it dropped to normal. Will restart computer to see if it persists did not think about it...
  5. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  6. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  7. Windows Explorer High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High Memory Usage: Why does my Windows Explorer consumes about 160-300 MB even in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem has been there since I purchased the laptop HP-15 2019 version. I tried clearing my temp files, clearing the indexed files,...
  8. Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%: Now i'm using windows 10 but I had this problem also when using windows 8.1pro. The windows 81.pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install. Also windows 10 I got it free online and the same problem. For example now i'm using Edge I have...
  9. 80% Memory usage after power on but normal 20% on reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    80% Memory usage after power on but normal 20% on reboot: I turn my desktop off every night before heading to bed. The next day, either in the morning or after work in the evening when I power it back on my memory usage stays spiked and 80% and continues to climb until everything locks up. It almost feels like a memory leak. But if...
  10. Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help): Hi. A couple of days after Windows 10 was released i upgraded from previous Windows 8.1. I had a problem with windows 8/8.1 with my Disk usage always going up to 100%, this problem carried over to windows 10 luckily so did the easy fix for it. (For me disabling Background...