Windows 10: Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

Discus and support Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vAngelx, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height? ymigfxLtVDAvwHqTGxmBWjGdEemRQguXU2Jdy0PcgKg.jpg

This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

All of these posts were either irrelevant or I've missed it. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

https://preview.redd.it/zelvpb0bukz...bp&s=a7207215dcb5c94f6256e78cda90a5e32d869853

I'm trying to make them smaller (the one on bottom), how it used to be.

Sorry if this has already been answered, if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/vAngelx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vAngelx, Nov 16, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10

Hello,

How do you reduce the height of the Windows Explorer Address bar. For example, my address bar appears as:

Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height? 4cc0c38f-075f-4a85-ba71-f2b862be2e76?upload=true.png

As you can see, there is a large amount of padding between the text ("My Computer" in this case) and top/bottom borders.

I've tried adjusting resolution and the scaling settings. I'm running Windows 10, all current updates are applied.

Have verified on two other laptops I have and the padding issue does not exist on either one.

Issue only appears in the Address bar, height is good everywhere else.

Thanks for any help!

Robert Litvack, Nov 16, 2020
  3. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I do see below

Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

1. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height? - Similar Threads - Explorer address bar

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. Search bar is too height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar is too height in Windows 10: Good morning to all! I use Windows 10 21H2 and when clicking on the magnifying glass button to do a search the box appears very high, also when clicking outside the box it does not close and it can only be closed by clicking on the x, also half of the box appears in gray....
  5. Search bar is too height in Windows 10

Search bar is too height in Windows 10: Good morning to all! I use Windows 10 21H2 and when clicking on the magnifying glass button to do a search the box appears very high, also when clicking outside the box it does not close and it can only be closed by clicking on the x, also half of the box appears in gray....
  6. Search bar is too height in Windows 10

in Cortana
  7. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Height of the Task bar: Hi, I would like to know if there is an option/solution for the taskbar to get automatically bigger when there are too many buttons on it. I would then have a second row of buttons.I know I can manually make it bigger so I will have two rows but it will be permanently bigger,...
  8. Height of the Task bar

Height of the Task bar: Hi, I would like to know if there is an option/solution for the taskbar to get automatically bigger when there are too many buttons on it. I would then have a second row of buttons.I know I can manually make it bigger so I will have two rows but it will be permanently bigger,...
  9. Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing: Hi there, Not too sure what this is called, but how do I reduce the height (marked as the red line in the screenshot) without affecting the breadcrumb font size? Also how do I increase the spacing in the dropdown, as they look real cramped up to me.. [img] 169725
  10. Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10: Hello, How do you reduce the height of the Windows Explorer Address bar. For example, my address bar appears as: [ATTACH] As you can see, there is a large amount of padding between the text "My Computer" in this case and top/bottom borders. I've tried adjusting...