Windows 10: Windows Explorer always open on startup.

Discus and support Windows Explorer always open on startup. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tkalantz, Feb 10, 2020.

1. tkalantz Win User

Windows Explorer always open on startup.

I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything again. It all went smoothly and system runs well all except for one strange issue. On every startup of my system, the windows explorer window is always open. I've checked the startup options and the startup folder, but there is nothing there that would cause this issue. Is there anything I could do to resolve this issue without having to do a complete reinstall of the OS?

:)

tkalantz, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2020
  3. RicVittum Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer always open on startup. - Similar Threads - Explorer always open

2. cmd always opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd always opening on startup: this cmd window opens on every startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-always-opening-on-startup/4ec6d1a8-40a1-479c-b6a2-1bac18e4d00e
  3. cmd always opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd always opening on startup: this cmd window opens on every startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-always-opening-on-startup/4ec6d1a8-40a1-479c-b6a2-1bac18e4d00e
  4. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  5. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  6. Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized: Hey all, Not sure if anyone has any ideas or seen this before, but this a weird one. My company is replacing monitors (larger size) and after doing so, some users are having an issue where an IE link within another application is always opening maximized. This apparently...
  7. A unknown CMD file always open at startup ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A unknown CMD file always open at startup ?: Its been going for weeks now. There's a unknown CMD file running when i open Windows and this happens everytime. The file runs so fast that i could only see it for 1 second. I tried to check for it in startup folder, in Task Manager and almost everywhere but i still couldnt...
  8. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  9. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  10. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511