Windows 10: Windows explorer and other weird problems.

Discus and support Windows explorer and other weird problems. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So within that past day I have been having strange issues. 1. Each time I open a new windows explorer window it starts searching with the green bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chronuss, May 25, 2020.

1. chronuss Win User

Windows explorer and other weird problems.

So within that past day I have been having strange issues.
    1. Each time I open a new windows explorer window it starts searching with the green bar loading all the way up to the right side and most of the time not finishing but sometimes it does I think? I disabled the windows search service to see if that would help but it didn't seem to do anything
    2. Thumbnails are disappearing from pictures and video files and becoming white rectangle/paper icons. The videos can still be played. ( I optimized the drives for documents for now to not load thumbnails.)
    3. When I right click on a video file and mouse over the "Open with.." selection it freezes up that windows and resets explorer if I close it.
    4. The recycling bin icon disappears after emptying it, but I can still see that name and click on it. Sometimes it comes back after a bit?

Anyways, I was just wondering if there is something that would be causing all of this. Or maybe a windows update is doing something weird. Thanks in advance!

:)

chronuss, May 25, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows explorer and other weird problems. - Similar Threads - explorer weird problems

2. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs: Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized that when I'm taking screenshot everything looks normal, so every attached photo is made using phone. also this I couldn't...
  3. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs: Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized that when I'm taking screenshot everything looks normal, so every attached photo is made using phone. also this I couldn't...
  4. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird problem on windows file explorer: Hi, I am facing an weird issue that really don't know if anyone had face before.When I connect my laptop via cable, windows file explorer will hang.However if I switch my laptop to wifi, windows file explorer will work fine.The only problem is my wifi isn't quite stable,...
  5. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem on windows file explorer: Hi, I am facing an weird issue that really don't know if anyone had face before.When I connect my laptop via cable, windows file explorer will hang.However if I switch my laptop to wifi, windows file explorer will work fine.The only problem is my wifi isn't quite stable,...
  6. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. A weird Windows Explorer problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A weird Windows Explorer problem.: I'm having a weird issue with Windows explorer on my machine. I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 If I create a folder in a program such as Epson Document Capture Pro the folder will NOT show up in Windows Explorer. However, if I use Chrome...
  8. Weird windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird windows explorer: [ATTACH] Hello. Colors in windows explorer went wrong. The button highlight color almost everywhere except Task Manager is white, instead of blue. It is very annoying. And be aware, I've just finished resetting windows this is how it should be everywhere this is...
  9. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.: Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates. In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is always a little lower down and a little to the right. I have a dual monitor setup even though I doubt this is the problem....
  10. Windows explorer and other odd problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer and other odd problems: Hi all, Upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am experiencing some very odd problems which have got me stumped. The best example I can give is one I'm having right now, if I try to copy a large file between drives, the file copy starts and after 8% the transfer speed drops...