Windows 10: Windows Explorer auto open periodically

Discus and support Windows Explorer auto open periodically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a relatively newly installed laptop & Windows10 and ever since the installation and use about every 20 minutes File Explorer auto opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjbrown70, May 3, 2020.

1. kjbrown70 Win User

Windows Explorer auto open periodically

I have a relatively newly installed laptop & Windows10 and ever since the installation and use about every 20 minutes File Explorer auto opens displaying the same external storage device. I have no idea why? Thanks in advance to anyone with a solution.

:)

kjbrown70, May 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 3, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer auto open periodically - Similar Threads - Explorer auto open

2. Is there an app that auto dims screen after a period of time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an app that auto dims screen after a period of time?: Like the oled protection function of the Xbox series s submitted by /u/JOOOQUUU [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bgmpgm/is_there_an_app_that_auto_dims_screen_after_a/
  3. Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question: Not so much a problem, but just a question.I have two mp4 files and two folders which used to house said files. Both of the mp4 files had similar names except one had an additional word and both of folders were named after whatever mp4 file it housed.When I go to sort it by...
  4. Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Auto-Sort Question: Not so much a problem, but just a question.I have two mp4 files and two folders which used to house said files. Both of the mp4 files had similar names except one had an additional word and both of folders were named after whatever mp4 file it housed.When I go to sort it by...
  5. Windows Explorer periodic High CPU Usage when it is opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer periodic High CPU Usage when it is opened: Hi guys,I've been dealing with this High CPU usage, which lasts a few seconds and falls back to normal values almost immediately. I have noticed when this happens, desktop icons flashing, like it is resetting and immediately back to normal. Also, when using the Windows...
  6. Auto open Windows Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto open Windows Notification: Hi I have a requirement where i want to auto open the notification from my chrome browser. I have enabled show notification for the chrome browser. It will pop up notification but i need to manually click it to open. I want it to open automatically. Is there any way...
  7. Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer: First off I used the forum search function and didn't fins any threads addressing this issue so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicated topic and I somehow missed it. I have disliked this "feature" since windows 7 and I see they still have not restored the ability...
  8. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  9. Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period: I need some help in creating a task in Task Manager that will automatically force stop programs and shut down the computer after it has been idle for one hour. I have created a task that will shut down at a specific time, but I need something that can run multiple times...
  10. Touchpad Auto Selects & Auto Opens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad Auto Selects & Auto Opens: I just ran across a problem with 10240. When I used my touchpad to move around the desktop, icons are automatically selected and started. The problem went away after a restart but now I am very careful using my touchpad. I think I may have to look and see if a new driver is...