Windows 10: Windows Explorer blocking when transfering lager amount of data over Network

Discus and support Windows Explorer blocking when transfering lager amount of data over Network in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have the problem, that my Windows Explorer get semi-stuck when sequently transfering a higher amount >10-20GB of data over network. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcelBerger1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer blocking when transfering lager amount of data over Network

Hello,

I have the problem, that my Windows Explorer get semi-stuck when sequently transfering a higher amount >10-20GB of data over network.

I tought I had solved this problem by updating LAN and WLAN drivers and disabling any powersaving feature of the LAN network adapter, but today I wanted to start with VeeamAgent to backup the whole notebook and there the problem appeared again.

Sometimes I'm able to transfer about 40-50GB before it get's stuck, sometimes only 10GB.
    When it gets stuck everything else on the notebook seems to work fine. But i can't kill the explorer process via taskmanager and a shutdown or reboot is not possible. I have to forcefully shutdown the whole machine by pressing the powerbutton for a long time.

I'm using a ASUS G752VL with a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_200F1043&REV_10\4&2FAD0E45&0&00E3.

Windwos version is Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.804.

The driver version of the LAN adapter is 10.47.121.2021.

I can exclude that it is a problem of the NAS, Switch or cable, as I can connect another PC/Notebook to that cable and there I don't have this issue.

Does anyone have some suggestions what else I could try?

Thanks a lot

Marcel

:)

MarcelBerger1, Feb 28, 2021
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Scheduling a Task for No Data Transfer (network)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I would like inform you that, there is no option in Windows which can alert on it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under Network and Internet.
    • Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall network adaptor driver and check if it helps.

Method 2: uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Follow the steps provided, to uninstall and reinstall the
    network adaptor driver.

• Press Windows logo + X key.
    • Click on device manager.
    • Select the network adaptor.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    • After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.
    You may also download and install the latest network adaptor drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer blocking when transfering lager amount of data over Network

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer blocking when transfering lager amount of data over Network

1. Windows Explorer blocking when transfering lager amount of data over Network - Similar Threads - Explorer blocking transfering

2. Can you block a certain amount of data with Windows Firewall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you block a certain amount of data with Windows Firewall?: With Windows Firewall, is there a way to not block a port completely, but have it at 100kb/s or 10b/s or something similar? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-block-a-certain-amount-of-data-with/a8e1c5c5-471d-4b59-a550-f01d6d8d89d2
  3. Can you block a certain amount of data with Windows Firewall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you block a certain amount of data with Windows Firewall?: With Windows Firewall, is there a way to not block a port completely, but have it at 100kb/s or 10b/s or something similar? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-block-a-certain-amount-of-data-with/a8e1c5c5-471d-4b59-a550-f01d6d8d89d2
  4. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  5. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  6. Large data transfer over USB 3 stalls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Large data transfer over USB 3 stalls.: I recently bought a... "Rosewill USB to SATA USB 3.0 to Hard Drive Adapter Cable Converter for 2.5 3.5 Inch Hard Drive Disk HDD and SSD Support UASP SATA III with 12V 2A Power Adapter" ... because I have a lot of old SATAII hard drives and I like to back up old files on...
  7. Transfer of large amounts of data just stops, but disks continue to appear as data is being...

Transfer of large amounts of data just stops, but disks continue to appear as data is being...: Hi all, I am doing a disk upgrade and in the process of replacing existing disks, large amounts of data need to be moved between the disks. Since the transfer process is time consuming I have done these late at night leaving the computer on. When checking the next morning...
  8. Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10

Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10: We are having a LAN with some computers with windows 10, some with windows 7. Recently after windows 10 computers have been updated with latest updates, data copy from other computers to Windows 10 has become extremely slow and it is practically not possible to work over...
  9. Transferring a large amount of data

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring a large amount of data: I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD. I am using Windows 10 Professional. Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do this please. Many thanks. 138112
  10. Credentials required to transfer document over network

Credentials required to transfer document over network: I'm trying to move a document from my laptop to my desktop via my home network. But lately, I'm getting a window that asks for my account name and password to perform this transfer. It didn't before. I did switch routers recently, though. Still, I'm entering the password for...