Windows 10: Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

Discus and support Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Zormeister, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke

The issues I have are the following:

Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts

Application files not opening

Those are my issues with Explorer

:)

Zormeister, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition

With the recent update to Windows 20H2 (version 19042.572), the Windows Hello no longer works with the Logitech BRIO 4K camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, disabled and re-enabled Windows Hello. The BRIO works fine with Teams, Skype,
    Windows Camera, Logitech Capture, and Logitech Camera Settings. The problem ONLY occurs with Windows Hello. It had worked fine for years prior to the 20H2 update.

Also, Windows Hello works fine with the fine with PIN and with my fingerprint scanner. Only facial recognition is now broken.

So BRIO works with apps other than Hello and Hello works fine with everything but facial recognition via the BRIO 4K, but the combination of BRIO + Windows Hello broke with the latest Windows update.

Is this working for anyone with the same configuration?

The error message Windows Hello gives is, "Sorry something went wrong. Camera is currently in use by another app. Close the app and try again." But nothing else is using the camera (proven by the fact that all the apps listed above will launch and use
    the camera just fine).

One other note, which may be helpful diagnostically: when Hello is trying to scan for my face, the red light on the BRIO does flash for several seconds as if it's working, but no picture ever comes through. There is obviously at least some successful communication
    between Hello and the BRIO.

I also tried plugging the BRIO both directly into different USB ports on the computer and into various hubs. Always got exactly the same results.

Any suggestions? Do we need to wait for a patch from MS to fix this defect in 20H2?

Thanks,
    Colin

GraniteStateColin, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

1. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Explorer broken 20H2

2. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  3. Windows Explorer Search Massively slow after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Search Massively slow after updating to 20H2: I have a problem with windows explorer after updating my PC to 20H2 When I search using the search box it requires a lot of time to get the result or even sometimes it doesn't show anything at all Tried to rebuild the windows search indexing but it didn't work nor windows...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 KB5000802 windows explorer broken-error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 KB5000802 windows explorer broken-error: The windows update KB5000802 caused my windows explorer to not work properly, I have to manually restart windows explorer from task manager. Not doing so makes the power buttons not work apps not load and a bunch of other problems. Is there a fix for this?...
  5. After updated Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updated Windows 20H2: After i updated Windows 20H2, my Microsoft Edge is being slowlier than before, I don't know the reason why but it's have some sort of things like lagging and delays when i surfing Facebook or watching Youtube with Microsoft Edge even though i didn't use any apps or games,...
  6. Win10 Updates broken after update from 1909 to 20H2 - 0x80070002 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Updates broken after update from 1909 to 20H2 - 0x80070002 error: [ATTACH] Win 10 Pro 64 After the update from 1909 to 20H2, the laptop rebooted and after login, it BSOD'd. I rebooted, but logged in successfully, tried to run windows updates and it found a number of updates; however, after downloading and installation, I keep getting...
  7. explorer not starting after 20h2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer not starting after 20h2: hello everyone, so i cant start explorer after latest update, but i can start apps using task manager, but i cant start explorer, i tried turning off explorer and on with task manager, still same, can someone tell me how to fix it?...
  8. Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2.

Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2.: [ATTACH] I get this weird bug, about 50% of the time on boot, where all my fonts on Explorer are rendering with the wrong "something". sfc /scannow reports nothing is wrong. the various dism scans don't help either. sometimes it's only the clock in the tray, not the...
  9. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  10. Windows10 20H2 broken my system updates

Windows10 20H2 broken my system updates: I dunno what happened with this update but it broke my system updater when I go to windows updates it just say please wait with the loading bar and my shut down has a Update and Shutdown/restart I've tried cleaning the software distribution folder restarting and stopping band...