Windows 10: Windows Explorer can not find files

Discus and support Windows Explorer can not find files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OS Build 19041.508 So I open Windows Explorer in my "home" folder. In the left column (Navigation Pane) it shows the "Quick Access" points with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theoldwizard1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer can not find files

OS Build 19041.508

So I open Windows Explorer in my "home" folder. In the left column (Navigation Pane) it shows the "Quick Access" points with thumbtacks. I select Documents and then enter the partial file name I want to search for. I get "No items match your search".

If I clear the search criteria and scroll down, I can SEE SEVERAL FILES that would match the search, but some how these have been filtered out ! What am I doing wrong ?

:)

theoldwizard1, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer can not find files :p

Frick, Sep 16, 2020
  4. geno368 Win User

Windows Explorer can not find files

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer can not find files

1. Windows Explorer can not find files - Similar Threads - Explorer find files

2. File Explorer not finding text in PRG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not finding text in PRG files: I create a file in a folder named test.txtI enter the text Prodigy and save.I create another file in the same folder named test.prgI enter the text Prodigy and save.I open File Explorer and enter the test Prodigy in the search box.It finds the test.txt file but does NOT find...
  3. File Explorer not finding text in PRG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not finding text in PRG files: I create a file in a folder named test.txtI enter the text Prodigy and save.I create another file in the same folder named test.prgI enter the text Prodigy and save.I open File Explorer and enter the test Prodigy in the search box.It finds the test.txt file but does NOT find...
  4. File Explorer - Find my files in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Find my files in Windows: I have upgraded my Windows to version 11 and find File Search requires improvement on user-friendly.I often use datemodified: 6/6/2022 .. 11/6/2022 to find files between 6 June and June 11 international date format. Is it a correct date format input for searching my files. My...
  5. File Explorer - Find my files in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Find my files in Windows: I have upgraded my Windows to version 11 and find File Search requires improvement on user-friendly.I often use datemodified: 6/6/2022 .. 11/6/2022 to find files between 6 June and June 11 international date format. Is it a correct date format input for searching my files. My...
  6. Windows Explorer can't find files

Windows Explorer can't find files: My computer was working fine yesterday. Today, I needed to look at a pdf in the Downloads folder, but for all files in the Download folder, I get the message: 'Windows cannot find "C:\Users\My Name\Downloads\File Name'. Outside of the Downloads folder, about half the...
  7. File explorer can’t find file

in Cortana
    File explorer can’t find file: I do a search in file explorer. It can’t find a file called “crystaldiskinfo”. I search “in” or “disk” or “info”. Tried it on my MacBook. Works fine. Why is windows 10 search so useless....
  8. File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

File Explorer "cannot find" location of file: This problem started just a few days ago: The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs Files x86...; click on .exe and even then I get same error msg., I can execute same approach on any other app and it works...
  9. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  10. File explorer search not finding files that are obviously there

File explorer search not finding files that are obviously there: When in the file explorer normally I can find files easily by doing control-F then typing in a few letters or if looking for a specific type using type:.zip for example. On my new Windows 10 machine (purchased just a few weeks ago) this doesn't work. See the video below for...