Windows 10: Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties"

Discus and support Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10. Under automatic update. There are two files in the folder: Side-1.wav and Side-2.wav. These were created from one LP. The File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gustaf4711, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties"

Windows 10. Under automatic update.

There are two files in the folder: Side-1.wav and Side-2.wav. These were created from one LP.

The File Explorer shows, that the properties are not equal. The Side-2 file have values set for "Title" (equal to 1) and "Contributing artists" (equal to Side) . The Side-1.wav has blanks set for these properties.

I want to modify the values of the properties of Side-2.wav so that they are equal to blanks as well.

There is very clear information in this forum as how to do this. However; the File Explorer refuses to do so: I select the option "Remove the following properties" but the window that follows does not open up a drop-down selection, where I can tick off e.g. the "Title".

The File Explorer is opened as administrator. From the command-prompt the attrib command shows nothing else than the archive-flag A.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what is going on here?

FYI: In my PC there are very many similar folders, but only in a few do I have this problem of different properties between the two wav-files from the same LP.

Regards,
    ChG

:)

gustaf4711, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  3. External HardDrive Problem (please help Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties" :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties"

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties"

1. Windows Explorer: Cannot "Remove the following properties" - Similar Threads - Explorer Cannot Remove

2. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  3. Remove Properties and Personal Information

Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  4. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  5. explorer file properties incorrect

explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  6. Corrupted Properties Page on Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Properties Page on Explorer: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/w8dt0iz3iz061.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb8feaf655e6abb63378fe566a86d1c20c1b135b This started happening since I installed Windows 20246.1 FE_Release. I have used QTTabBar, this might be the culprit. submitted by /u/Redtition...
  7. Bug with Properties in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug with Properties in File Explorer?: I have three sibling folders all under the same parent folder that should contain the same number of files. The three folders contain the same files but they have different file names. If I use the command prompt DOS and run “dir /s” on each folder, I get 803 files for...
  8. Windows cannot find: the following

Windows cannot find: the following: [ATTACH] This window comes up every time I boot up into my windows account, none of my programs appear affected, its more annoying than anything. I reinstalled windows on two occasions, I have updated. I have run every possible registry check, from programs to the ADMIN...
  9. Properties in Explorer damaged?

Properties in Explorer damaged?: Explorer will not show Properties for Folders, only for Files (Windows 10 1803). Has done earlier but not anymore. Shows the Desktop instead. What´s wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/properties-in-explorer-damaged/169b3b49-e5dd-4d8c-95a2-500de38c6cce"
  10. How to remove NETWORK PROPERTIES ?

How to remove NETWORK PROPERTIES ?: Under Settings > Network & Internet > View your network properties there are some details of some previously connected network... one of the example is bellow Name: Local Area Connection* 21 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #12 Physical address (MAC):...