Windows 10: Windows Explorer - can't access the SAVE AS buttonsd on download

Discus and support Windows Explorer - can't access the SAVE AS buttonsd on download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Desktop settings seem to have been totally HOSED UP on build 100130 - Works on some machines but this one - the Task bar won't hide so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jun 3, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows Explorer - can't access the SAVE AS buttonsd on download

Hi there

Desktop settings seem to have been totally HOSED UP on build 100130 - Works on some machines but this one - the Task bar won't hide so I can't get access to the SAVE / SAVE AS / CANCEL buttons when doing a download.

I don't want to make text smaller -- it's small enough already (Do I.T developers always have eyes that likes reading micro small text or do they all have glasses as thick as milkbottles --often have problems with tiny text in menus etc --for example Photoshop !)!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 3, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

Media file support in whatsapp in nokia lumia 720

wp8.1 has file explorer access.

LCRT, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Cant download any files through Internet explorer on my windows phone 8.1

Hi,

I can't seem to download any files through internet explorer on my windows phone. Every time I try to download a file it gives me an error after I try to 'open' or 'save' the file, stating the following "sorry, we can't download this file". I can access
    all these files on my other devices, but for some reason I just can't on this phone.

Its up to date, and has more than 5gb of memory free.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed.AlSaadi, Jun 3, 2015
  4. Windows Explorer - can't access the SAVE AS buttonsd on download

try grabbing a side of the window and dragging it left or right, that seems to resolve the windowing issue on this machine.

I have my Taskbar at the top, so it was really frustrating not being able to hit the [X] when the title bar was hidden behind the Taskbar.

Re-sizing the window lets Windows correctly figure out the available space on the desktop.

Slartybart, Jun 3, 2015
  5. Resize the window so you can access it.

michielmulders, Jun 3, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Windows wouldn't re-size either.

I then undid the Nvidia driver - now works fine again.

I HATE NVIDIA. !!!!!!

The taskbar also hides again like it's supposed to.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer - can't access the SAVE AS buttonsd on download

1. Windows Explorer - can't access the SAVE AS buttonsd on download - Similar Threads - Explorer can't access

2. Can't access specific downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access specific downloads: I updated to windows 11. I downloaded two RAR files and I keep getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I'm only getting this for these files. I can access the rest of my downloads. I...
  3. Can't access specific downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access specific downloads: I updated to windows 11. I downloaded two RAR files and I keep getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I'm only getting this for these files. I can access the rest of my downloads. I...
  4. Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files: Hi, I have an issue in Microsoft Explorer. In Quick Access I save frequently used search queries under "saved searches". The saved searches works without problem e.g. it displays a series of pdf-files in a series of folders ranked by of creation, but when I click on each...
  5. Can't access Downloads folder in Windows 10

Can't access Downloads folder in Windows 10: When I try to open my Downloads folder, I get the spinning circle and the message 'working on it'. The downloads folder never opens and when I try to close it, it crashes Windows explorer, which then quickly reloads by itself. All other folders (documents, pictures, etc.)...
  6. Windows Explorer Can't Access Network Location

Windows Explorer Can't Access Network Location: I've been using a for about 2 months with SMB shares. but I have this pc that cant connect to the nas and says "could not access network Location. Every other pc on my network works fine but this one cant connect to it. but when i use a program like ip scanner it detects it...
  7. Windows Explorer Can't Access NAS Storage

Windows Explorer Can't Access NAS Storage: I have a WD EX2Ultra NAS on my home network. Everything worked perfectly until a recent Windows 10 update to Version 1703 Build 15063.540 on my laptop. Now my Windows 10 laptop cannot access the HDs in the NAS. But, my wife's Windows 7 desktop still has access to the NAS HDs....
  8. Can't Save to Right Explorer Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Save to Right Explorer Pane: Hello: I am having trouble saving file(s) I've selected in the right-hand Explorer panel to the a folder of my choice in left-hand pane. This is something I've always been able to do but can't anymore! I have uploaded an example (Illegal Save.jpg): Here I was attempting...
  9. Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer

Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer: I have 2 NAS drives connected to my network, one is a Buffalo NAS and the other is a LaCie NAS. When I try to access the NAS on my Windows 10 Pro PCs, I get a message stating Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found. I can access the management console for...
  10. I can't download/save anything

I can't download/save anything: I was trying to download a video by right clicking and clicking "save as" but for some reason my documents didn't show up so i could input where to save it and chrome didn't begin the download, except the icon flashed and when i tried closing the app a pop-up warned me that...