Windows 10: Windows Explorer cant read storage

Discus and support Windows Explorer cant read storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey I have a HP Buddy v250W 8GB. When I plug it into my PC it would read it .But windows explorer takes 5 minutes to show the USB and still wont read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AhmadBashir1, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer cant read storage

Hey I have a HP Buddy v250W 8GB. When I plug it into my PC it would read it .But windows explorer takes 5 minutes to show the USB and still wont read the storage I have tried every single way on the internet but it wont. I have done uninstallation of USB drivers, I have tried the Disk Management. But there is no sign of it being read. I cannot send files. I cannot read files. I cannot open the USB. I can only see it in device manager and its properties from there. But if I check the properties from the Windows explorer, MY LAPTOP CRASHES. Help Me fix this issue Microsoft Windows Explorer cant read storage b30c7dc4-ed4d-42d3-828a-1f98b7a20098?upload=true.png Windows Explorer cant read storage 70dc9418-33bb-449b-affb-61f408052f2e?upload=true.png Windows Explorer cant read storage e127d23b-3536-4119-92ad-6d6760487b38?upload=true.png

:)

AhmadBashir1, Jan 26, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer cant read storage

file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer cant read storage

1. Windows Explorer cant read storage - Similar Threads - Explorer cant read

2. Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have a four disk parity array set up for local backup. The drive letter is E:. label Backup. Windows 11 and drivers are all up to date. The last time I restarted, Windows 11 File Explorer recognized the drive, and the drive letter, but just called...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have a four disk parity array set up for local backup. The drive letter is E:. label Backup. Windows 11 and drivers are all up to date. The last time I restarted, Windows 11 File Explorer recognized the drive, and the drive letter, but just called...
  4. Windows.old missing or cant be read

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows.old missing or cant be read: One day I got some errors saying that files from Windows.old are unavailable, its saying that it might be deleted or moved. I checked This PC>Local DiskC:>Windows.old where it should be but it isnt there. most of my important files are still there and it still takes up 100+...
  5. Windows.old missing or cant be read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old missing or cant be read: One day I got some errors saying that files from Windows.old are unavailable, its saying that it might be deleted or moved. I checked This PC>Local DiskC:>Windows.old where it should be but it isnt there. most of my important files are still there and it still takes up 100+...
  6. Windows.old missing or cant be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Storage is not reading space right

Storage is not reading space right: I recently got a pc built and it is telling me now that the system is using 845GB. I checked this with tree size and it says that in all I am only using 118.7GB including two games on the pc...
  8. Windows Explorer Not Reporting Storage Correctly

Windows Explorer Not Reporting Storage Correctly: I have a 250GB SK Hynix SSD installed on my computer. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Home. Windows Explorer reports that I've used 116 GB, whereas WinDirStat says I've used 79.4 GB. The storage menu in the settings app reports that I've used 132 GB. [IMG]...
  9. Storage usage different than Storage in explorer

Storage usage different than Storage in explorer: I really need help with this problem I am having that I cannot find anyone else that has the same problem. So on the Storage free in the Settings. it says I have a lot less, this actually effects windows 10 stores downloads and updates. On the storage on the Windows explorer...
  10. WINDOWS CANT READ DISC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS CANT READ DISC: put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini already in window (does this file HAVE to be there to burn cd/dvd correctly????), drag what i want to burn to window then go...