Windows 10: Windows Explorer changing the default display

Discus and support Windows Explorer changing the default display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed the difference of my Windows Explorer (folders) "display" for a long time. I'm not quite sure when did it first start being so. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guri K. Buza, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer changing the default display

I've noticed the difference of my Windows Explorer (folders) "display" for a long time. I'm not quite sure when did it first start being so. But I remember I once had the default display. Now, I accidentally changed the display, by merely changing the folder's name, and I managed to screenshot both displays:

Windows Explorer changing the default display 223a40cb-cee2-47ea-b837-6026655a4320?upload=true.png

You can notice the the first one is the default one. And the second one, on a second look, has many things different. For instance, the other columns color (besides the Name column) is totally black, as opposed to the default light black color; the row height is much smaller, as opposed to a longer default row height and so on.

Can anybody help me as to how should one make these changes universal, without having to change the folder's name?

I've checked the Folder Options thoroughly, and there's no option there that can make the display difference.

Thanks.

:)

Guri K. Buza, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer changing the default display

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer changing the default display

1. Windows Explorer changing the default display - Similar Threads - Explorer changing default

2. Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?: I am on Windows 11, Version 22H2. I use File Explorer a lot, particularly for managing photos.Every time I open a File Explorer window for a different folder or directory, as I always knew them I have to right-click to get rid of "Type" which I don't need I can read file...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?: I am on Windows 11, Version 22H2. I use File Explorer a lot, particularly for managing photos.Every time I open a File Explorer window for a different folder or directory, as I always knew them I have to right-click to get rid of "Type" which I don't need I can read file...
  4. Change Default "Save as type" in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default "Save as type" in Windows Explorer: I do a lot of programming for school and as a hobby, and I use VS Code for most of my projects. When I make a new file and save it, I would like the default "Save as type" to be the "All files *.*" option, so I can manually type in the name and extension without it defaulting...
  5. how to change default file explorer in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change default file explorer in windows: So, i basically want to set the default file browser to Windows File Explorerwhich is currently set to 'Files - File Manager for Windows' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-file-explorer-in-windows/06fd4938-48d7-4423-bdaa-c9d0236c2a7b
  6. Change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  7. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  8. Change windows default file Explorer

Change windows default file Explorer: I have downloaded the Files file explorer as it has tabs. How would I change it to be the default explorer? I want win+e to open it and it to open when invoking the explorer from other programs. submitted by /u/InTheKnow_12 [link] [comments]...
  9. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  10. Changing Explorer Default Action

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Explorer Default Action: For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to edit the htm file, but I can't seem to find anything to change the default. This doesn't seem to be an option anywhere. I could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot