Windows 10: Windows Explorer changing the default display

Discus and support Windows Explorer changing the default display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed the difference of my Windows Explorer (folders) "display" for a long time. I'm not quite sure when did it first start being so. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guri K. Buza, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:38 AM.

1. Windows Explorer changing the default display

I've noticed the difference of my Windows Explorer (folders) "display" for a long time. I'm not quite sure when did it first start being so. But I remember I once had the default display. Now, I accidentally changed the display, by merely changing the folder's name, and I managed to screenshot both displays:

Windows Explorer changing the default display 223a40cb-cee2-47ea-b837-6026655a4320?upload=true.png

You can notice the the first one is the default one. And the second one, on a second look, has many things different. For instance, the other columns color (besides the Name column) is totally black, as opposed to the default light black color; the row height is much smaller, as opposed to a longer default row height and so on.

Can anybody help me as to how should one make these changes universal, without having to change the folder's name?

I've checked the Folder Options thoroughly, and there's no option there that can make the display difference.

Thanks.

:)

Guri K. Buza, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:38 AM

2. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Windows Explorer changing the default display

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Thema:

Windows Explorer changing the default display

1. Windows Explorer changing the default display - Similar Threads - Explorer changing default

2. How to change the default file explorer in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default file explorer in windows 10?: I know that it can be done using the option 'change defaults using protocols' from the settings menu. However, I can see only the default explorer there along with an option to add one from the store. That isn't what I want to do. I enabled the new Explorer you guys made...
  3. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  4. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|: https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-file-explorer-default-view/10317313-4919-4451-9f5b-acd667a7eaaf"
  5. Change File Explorer Default Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  6. Change explorer theme without changing default color

Change explorer theme without changing default color: I do not like the new explorer dark theme. Is there anyway I can change it without changing the default app mode because I like the dark theme in other apps just not in explorer. Any registry keys I can edit?...
  7. change display language: "set as default" button is not available

change display language: "set as default" button is not available: Hello, Whey I navigate to my language settings, I can add languages but the button "set as default" is not visible. The system was installed in dutch, but I would like an english interface. I have already the language "English (United States" installed. The user account...
  8. Changing Explorer Default Action

Changing Explorer Default Action: For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to edit the htm file, but I can't seem to find anything to change the default. This doesn't seem to be an option anywhere. I could...
  9. Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?

Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?: So I am hoping this is the right area... I have set up a company on Onedrive for business. I was wondering how can I remove standard Onedrive from the left panel in file explorer as some of the users are getting confused with two different options of Onedrive. Thanks. 37812
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...