Windows 10: Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload

Discus and support Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try uploading a file to any site using Chrome, it's supposed to bring up a windows explorer dialogue box for me to select my file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SpartanSWill, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload

Whenever I try uploading a file to any site using Chrome, it's supposed to bring up a windows explorer dialogue box for me to select my file. Unfortunately, the window that pops up always tries to open the most recently uploaded-from folder. In my case, that's often a network folder that I'm not always connected to through my work's VPN. When I'm not connected to the VPN and I try to upload something, it will crash Chrome while Windows Explorer perpetually tries to open a network folder that it's not currently connected to. The only way around this I've found is making sure I upload something

:)

SpartanSWill, May 4, 2021

2. Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

Google Chrome Help

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 4, 2021
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload

1. Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload - Similar Threads - Explorer Chrome crash

2. Windows Explorer crashes when it tries to open on home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes when it tries to open on home screen: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2070, time stamp: 0x2bd7252cFaulting module name: windows.storage.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2070, time stamp: 0xa729cfbbException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000069cd8eFaulting process ID: 0x0x3DB4Faulting...
  3. Windows Explorer crashes when it tries to open on home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashes when it tries to open on home screen: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2070, time stamp: 0x2bd7252cFaulting module name: windows.storage.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2070, time stamp: 0xa729cfbbException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000069cd8eFaulting process ID: 0x0x3DB4Faulting...
  4. Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file: Webex Teams crashes for me whenever I attempt to upload an attachment from my device. IT has checked the logs and data dumps and they've confirmed that it's not a Webex issue, but rather a Windows issue hence why I've been directed here. I've already uninstalled and...
  5. Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file

Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file: Webex Teams crashes for me whenever I attempt to upload an attachment from my device. IT has checked the logs and data dumps and they've confirmed that it's not a Webex issue, but rather a Windows issue hence why I've been directed here. I've already uninstalled and...
  6. Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot see any files in explorer to upload on browser tried on Chrome, Firefox & Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see any files in explorer to upload on browser tried on Chrome, Firefox & Edge: Hello Microsoft MVP, the Expert, and anybody who can help. Greetings to you.Am here seeking any technical solution to my query above.Before I begin, an apology if this question was asked and answered before by someone else. Tried to search in the community but find nothing...
  8. Windows Explorer crashes when trying to expand Quick Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer crashes when trying to expand Quick Access: This is a shot in the dark but I've seen this on several of our computers at work, and it's a real nuisance. Basically, Quick Access is showing as Collapsed and when you expand it, the File Explorer window goes into Not Responding indefinitely. This can happen multiple times...
  9. Photos app runs slowly, crashes when I try to upload

Photos app runs slowly, crashes when I try to upload: Whenever I try and upload photos and videos, say from my gopro, the app crashes. I have to go in and manually select up to at most 7 items to upload. In addition, when I try and view the videos mostly videos, but also sometimes pictures the app runs incredibly slowly. My...
  10. When I try to install chrome, it crashes windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I try to install chrome, it crashes windows.: I am running Windows 10 1803 build 17134.345. When I try to install the Chrome browser, it crashes Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-install-chrome-it-crashes-windows/bcfb3d74-bad4-48b5-a161-2f2b81b0f4a0