Windows 10: Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders

Discus and support Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders - The solutions provided before from some other users are also not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vijay1700, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Vijay1700 Win User

Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders

Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders - The solutions provided before from some other users are also not working.

:)

Vijay1700, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders

1. Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders - Similar Threads - Explorer closes off

2. right click, a folder window automatically closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click, a folder window automatically closed: I right click a folder windows, the menu didnot come up but the window was closed. Other windows or application windows are fine. event viewer:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.755, time stamp: 0xbcd85d13 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll,...
  3. right clicking quick access in file explorer crashes file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right clicking quick access in file explorer crashes file explorer: Issue Type: BugIssue frequency: every time I do this operationIssue duration: Since 2 yrs ago I bought this PCHardware: OMEN-15 i7 1660Ti + 16GB MemOS Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Home version----------------Issue Reproducing-----------------1. Open any file explorer...
  4. right click in win explorer closes it

in Windows 10 Support
    right click in win explorer closes it: If I right click a file or folder to rename etc . Win explorer closes ? 169102
  5. Right clicking pinned folders in Quick access crashes Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking pinned folders in Quick access crashes Explorer.exe: Whenever i right click on pinned folders the explorer restarts, can't remove pinned folders, it's really frustrating. I tried ending Explorer and relaunching it from cmd, tried sfc /snannow and also tried using keyboard key for context menu but nothing works. submitted by...
  6. Right-clicking a directory in Quick Access causes Windows Explorer to crash

Right-clicking a directory in Quick Access causes Windows Explorer to crash: If I open Windows Explorer, and right-click a directory in the Quick Access sidebar, I get a spinning blue circle, a "Not Responding" message, and then it closes. I can navigate to the directories just fine by clicking on them, but right-clicking causes this to happen. Any...
  7. File Explorer crashes when take a right-click in quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when take a right-click in quick access: Hello. I use Windows 10 Home Single Language. I've got a trouble when using Quick Access. When I take a right-click at any folder and Desktop, Download, Pictures,..., File Explorer immediately crashes. I've tried DISM and SFC but it only fix the issue in a short time. Here...
  8. Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow: Why is Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-clicking-on-file-explorer-on-quick-access/a56936c2-ee1e-4c0c-8795-990188b8ae92
  9. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  10. windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???

windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???: Hi,forum. When I right click on any drive my screen blinks and win.ex. closes! This just started today for now obvious reason. Anyone who have experienced anything similar? Thanks for all help....