Windows 10: Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

Discus and support Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-context-menu-icons-are-not/a350ccea-e48f-4a68-bbeb-f2b1fbf569ba Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GDM Music, Apr 10, 2024.

1. GDM Music Win User

Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

Please Help

:)

GDM Music, Apr 10, 2024

2. context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update

I had several symptoms:

1. "open with" in the context menu would freeze teh context menu and all explorer processes; I could only use the task manager to restart explorer
    2. in explorer, a folder with jpg images usually would show the image with "large icon" and bigger, but nothing would show but the default icon
    3. folders content icon would not be updated and show an empty folder (while it is not empty)

Mathieu Prévot, Apr 10, 2024
  3. Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs Diagram 'B' shows the extended list I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension. I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option. If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify. I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing 377543d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-.png

Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing 377544d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-b.png

Bandit012345, Apr 10, 2024
  4. MarkC123 Win User

File Explorer Context Menu

Changes to the File Explorer context menu in Windows 11 have made it more inconvenient for me to use compared with Windows 10. I use "New Folder" frequently and this is now 2-clicks away, in favour of a list of commands I never use. Is there a way to change way this context menu displays?

MarkC123, Apr 10, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing - Similar Threads - Explorer Context Menu

2. Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-context-menu-icons-are-not/a350ccea-e48f-4a68-bbeb-f2b1fbf569ba
  3. context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update: I had several symptoms:"open with" in the context menu would freeze teh context menu and all explorer processes; I could only use the task manager to restart explorerin explorer, a folder with jpg images usually would show the image with "large icon" and bigger, but nothing...
  4. Context menu on taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  5. No icons in context menu - Recycle bin - file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons in context menu - Recycle bin - file explorer: Can anyone help - this is driving me nuts and I cannot find answer anywhere ! I used to have four icons (shown in photo) when I opened my recycle bin in File Explorer. Suddenly they all disappeared. How do I get them to reappear ?? I am am using Windows 10 Home edition. Any...
  6. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  7. Icons for context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594
  8. Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu): For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play driver bug never got corrected from microsoft, imo) here is a reg file that fixes both of the 3 problems. Just copy those...
  9. No context menu on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    No context menu on desktop icons: I just upgraded my Win 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Professional (32-bit). Minor problems, as usual, when a new system is installed, but a specific one is getting me crazy. When I click on any desktop icon, I do NOT get the traditional context menu, but the whole screen turns...
  10. Windows Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Context Menu: Windows Explorer Context Menu Add custom items to Windows Explorer shell context menu easily with Explorer Context Menu. Easy to start (just install), easy to add your menu items (just one line of template code for every menu item), easy to use (.Net C#, VB, etc.) easy to...