Windows 10: Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

Discus and support Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,here is my problem.Problem:I am experiencing an issue when right clicking on the Windows Explorer icon in the Task Bar. When I administrator try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leon_in_IT, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

Hello,here is my problem.Problem:I am experiencing an issue when right clicking on the Windows Explorer icon in the Task Bar. When I administrator try this out myself, all works well. But when a non administrative user does that, then it doesn't work. Nothing shows up and it looks like you didn't even click on it. Same problem with the sound icon, for me it works but for the other user on this pc it doesn't.I already tried the following steps:- Applying the latest Windows 10 updates- Restart the Windows Explorer service via Task Manager- Using Powershell with the following command: Get-AppXP

:)

Leon_in_IT, Jul 20, 2021

2. File Explorer task bar context menu pinned items not working

Basically, when I right-click on the File Explorer it brings up the context menu fine. But when I click on a pinned or recent document it closes the context menu and then nothing happens. All other context menus work fine. Also, the File Explorer, Unpin
    and Close Window options work fine (although sometimes the list of recent files covers those options).

I tried to fix it by running gpedit.msc and going to
    User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer and disabled Remove File Explorer’s default context menu. I also enabled Display the menu bar in File Explorer (they were both not
    configured by default). And then I restarted my computer. It fixed nothing.

Just a small problem, because I can always just open another window through the context menu or if it's cover open another directory in another window through the already opened window. It's just a pain because I do
    a lot of file management, and it makes it really tedious and slow.

Thanks,

-

Electroshockist, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Mussels Win User

Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

system doesnt respond when i press right click in ...

that right click menu is called the context menu.

odds are, a broken program has left entries there and windows is trying to load them, and waits to timeout before giving you a menu.

i have a program that fixes that, looking for a link now

http://blog.shankarganesh.com/2007/...e-delete-windows-explorer-shell-context-menu/

list of programs

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-clean-up-your-messy-windows-context-menu/

registry locations for doing it manually (and definately worke for vista/7)

Mussels, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

1. Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar - Similar Threads - Explorer Context Menu

2. How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu: Hello guys,.I am currently using windows 11 at home. I have 7Zip installed and use it very often.On old windows 10 using a right click at windows explorer I could see the 7Zip menu. On windows 11 it shows a new context menu but does not offer the 7Zip,So, I would like to...
  3. How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu: Hello guys,.I am currently using windows 11 at home. I have 7Zip installed and use it very often.On old windows 10 using a right click at windows explorer I could see the 7Zip menu. On windows 11 it shows a new context menu but does not offer the 7Zip,So, I would like to...
  4. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  5. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.: Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file explore is not showing not responding tag. tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread....
  6. RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click: Good evening, After an update this week, the context menu that shows up when I right click on files and directories in Windows Explorer does not show what menu item is not being highlighted on my external monitors It does appear on the laptop itself - though I believe that...
  7. Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer): Hi, so one thing i can't seem to solve is that right clicking on explorer or most other applications (i think) is slow on windows 10. I have used this before: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog And this solves that completely, it's instant. Problem is, some applications...
  8. Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.: Including any of the folders within the pinned sub-menu when right-click-accessing File Explorer. Left mouse click still works. Tried unpinning/pinning. Tried restarting Windows Explorer in Task Manager. Tried Running explorer.exe, and sfc scan shows no integrity...
  9. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...