Windows 10: Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2.

Discus and support Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I get this weird bug, about 50% of the time on boot, where all my fonts on Explorer are rendering with the wrong "something". sfc /scannow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YellowOnion, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2.

Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2. rWtF7Qn2W3sMphAokXUPNOTRTQYu6Smbq5PqGJyEx5E.jpg

I get this weird bug, about 50% of the time on boot, where all my fonts on Explorer are rendering with the wrong "something".

sfc /scannow reports nothing is wrong.

the various dism scans don't help either.

sometimes it's only the clock in the tray, not the tooltips or explorer window.

Thing that partially fix the issue:

Rebooting my computer fixes sometimes.

Switching over to Japanese with win+space fixes it temporarily, switching back corruption comes back (possible locale corruption?).

Switching from English (New Zealand) to English (United States) does not fix the issue.

Restarting "explorer" from task manager fixes the issue.

https://preview.redd.it/do9z6l6pot9...bp&s=bfbff807334c032ffbec09568d235c080faa3a32

https://preview.redd.it/akqil0sbpt9...bp&s=71338c8c3dcbf6711cf5751f6b7aecf0d2ff07b6

submitted by /u/YellowOnion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YellowOnion, Jan 6, 2021
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Corrupted Fonts

In addition you can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.

Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2. [​IMG]

• Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.

Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2. [​IMG]

• Start Windows Font Cache service again.

If you have Ccleaner installed it's possible that you'd need CCEnhancer to see the font cache option.

If you don't have it - read this:

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Callender, Jan 6, 2021
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2.

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2.

1. Windows explorer corrupt fonts on boot after update to 20H2. - Similar Threads - explorer corrupt fonts

2. Fonts Changed After Windows update 20H2/21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts Changed After Windows update 20H2/21H2: This morning 12/22/21 may computer had restarted overnight. This morning, all my fonts had changed. I rolled back 20H2 and 21H2 and my fonts have been returned to normal. I have turned off Windows update. When will there be an update that fixes this error?...
  3. Fonts Changed After Windows update 20H2/21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts Changed After Windows update 20H2/21H2: This morning 12/22/21 may computer had restarted overnight. This morning, all my fonts had changed. I rolled back 20H2 and 21H2 and my fonts have been returned to normal. I have turned off Windows update. When will there be an update that fixes this error?...
  4. Fonts Changed After Windows update 20H2/21H2

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Font and display changed after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font and display changed after 20H2 update: After updating to 20H2 the fonts and how the display is not as crisp as it was before. Did this update change the settings? How do I get my display to look as it once did or is it possible? I have also noticed that when in the display settings then going to advanced options...
  6. Corrupted windows fonts

Corrupted windows fonts: Hey guys. I accidentally removed some of my unnecessary fontsChinese and many more.... via registry editor. Now some of my windows fonts are corrupted. Tried these codes in safe mode sfc /scannow Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image...
  7. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  8. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  9. Corrupted fonts

Corrupted fonts: Since the last update on Windows 10 (March 2019) my fonts are corrupt. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-fonts/907c30a6-05c7-408d-b274-39350f2975b3
  10. Corrupted Font?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Font?: From Google searches I have found what seems to be the solution for this problem for Windows 8 and 8.1 but not 10 It appears to me the new system font(s) that are used for various icons used are not functioning. Most obvious is when the store is open and when I expect to see...