Windows 10: Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike

Discus and support Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this issue for the past few months where every so often, windows will appear to freeze up, then return to normal after 5-10 seconds. If I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr. Puggles, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike

So I've had this issue for the past few months where every so often, windows will appear to freeze up, then return to normal after 5-10 seconds. If I'm typing when this happens, windows will eventually keep up with what I'm typing, meaning this is some kind of severe input lag. I opened task manager on my 2nd monitor to see what was happening when my computer froze, and the result was that the application Windows Explorer would spike in CPU usage during the computer freezing for seemingly no reason at all. I tried seeing what would happen if I closed all other processes that I was able, but it

:)

Mr. Puggles, May 6, 2021

2. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, May 6, 2021
  3. Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I tried all your suggestions, but nothing helped.

Clean bot seems helped at first but no after some hours spikes came back and now spiking more often with every hour of PC working.

Same happened also without clean boot.

Any other suggestions what to try ?

Just to let you know that I worked with Win 7 before with even more programs installed than now and I did not switched off my PC for weeks and CPU usage was lower in general not to talk about any spikes in CPU, newer noticed anything like that...

Thanks

DanielRamirezz, May 6, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike

Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Even with writing this post I get my CPU up to 100% and all stuff on my pc freezed.

What is problem with that. I saw some reports long time ago with this problem, but it is still not solved...

Posted some pics there...

(Windows 10) Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage

DanielRamirezz, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike

1. Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike - Similar Threads - Explorer CPU Usage

2. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  3. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  4. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes: I've been getting consistent CPU spikes from explorer.exe, often causing lag when I'm gaming. Here is the performance history from Process Explorer. Every 30-60 seconds it spikes to 25% or so and drops back down. https://i.imgur.com/lrEZquK.png I've tried a bunch of things...
  6. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage: Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking....
  7. Spikes in CPU usage

Spikes in CPU usage: Hi, In my current version of windows, I can see random spikes in CPU usage. This happens even when the device is not being used. I can see CPU % on my Rainmeter skin go from 1% to 17%. Any fixes? I have an ASUS S550CM Intel i5 1.7 GHz 8 GB RAM Nvidia GT 635M...
  8. 100% CPU usage spike

100% CPU usage spike: Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows processes that seem to be occuping the usage. I have done a reset and removed everything and still same issue I don't think there was...
  9. Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal

Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jsschrist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emcky9/cpu_usage_spikes_on_idle_is_that_normal/
  10. Windows Explorer CPU Usage

Windows Explorer CPU Usage: Since this morning Windows Explorer is running at over 30% while I'm doing nothing. The icons on the windows taskbar and the desktop are constantly refreshing and redrawing themselves. I have not installed anything at all this week. Running Windows 10 Version 1890...