Windows 10: Windows Explorer crash when selecting any Office files with preview or detail pane active

Discus and support Windows Explorer crash when selecting any Office files with preview or detail pane active in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, as the topic says whenever I select a Office file from Windows Explorer with preview or detail pane active, Windows Explorer crash, like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nicamanny, Apr 26, 2019.

1. nicamanny Win User

Windows Explorer crash when selecting any Office files with preview or detail pane active

Hello,

as the topic says whenever I select a Office file from Windows Explorer with preview or detail pane active, Windows Explorer crash, like it doesn't respond for a while and than it closes down. If I deactivate preview or detail pane it works fine.

Anyone had this problem before? What could be the reason and the solution?

Thanks.

Manuel

:)

nicamanny, Apr 26, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Preview pane not functional / causing system issues

Hi,

We can see here that you're having an issue with using the preview pane for File Explorer. Since using the preview pane affects the CPU usage when trying to view Office files, we could suggest that you changed your File Explorer View setting into the Navigation
    pane by performing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Select Preview pane to remove it from being highlighted.

Once done, try to open files using Office apps and check if this helps your Surface Pro 4 works fine.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer crash when selecting any Office files with preview or detail pane active

Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer crash when selecting any Office files with preview or detail pane active

1. Windows Explorer crash when selecting any Office files with preview or detail pane active - Similar Threads - Explorer crash selecting

2. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  3. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  4. Windows Explorer crashes when any file is selected. This happens with the preview pane...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes when any file is selected. This happens with the preview pane...: I have this issue on Windows 10.Upgraded to Windows 11.Problem still exists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-crashes-when-any-file-is-selected/19129635-5bb7-4030-a152-3fb6a63faf3d
  5. Windows Explorer crashes when any file is selected. This happens with the preview pane...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashes when any file is selected. This happens with the preview pane...: I have this issue on Windows 10.Upgraded to Windows 11.Problem still exists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-crashes-when-any-file-is-selected/19129635-5bb7-4030-a152-3fb6a63faf3d
  6. OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane: Dear Microsoft and users, I noticed that, when you enable the Preview or Details pane while using OneDrive, Windows Explorer will "stop responding". There's probably a problem with fetching certain information form OneDrive files even when they are set to "always available...
  7. file explorer preview pane crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer preview pane crashing: Late last week, in file explorer with preview pane set to on, file explorer crashes/freezes when any document is selected. I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. 148355
  8. Preview Pane Crashing File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane Crashing File Explorer: Hello All, I've got a user here that is having trouble with her file explorer crashing when the preview pane or details pane is enabled. As soon as you go to move the explorer window or open a file the window stops responding and the mouse moves sporadically with the blue...
  9. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199
  10. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer crashes when selecting office documents with details pane open