Windows 10: Windows Explorer Crashed With Important Folders Opened

Discus and support Windows Explorer Crashed With Important Folders Opened in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had about 25+ folders opened on my PC for work and Windows Explorer crashed is there anyway to recover each file at once without doing it manually or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethBrown1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer Crashed With Important Folders Opened

I had about 25+ folders opened on my PC for work and Windows Explorer crashed is there anyway to recover each file at once without doing it manually or will I need to find and open them all each one by one again?

:)

SethBrown1, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Feb 16, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer Crashed With Important Folders Opened

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Crashed With Important Folders Opened

1. Windows Explorer Crashed With Important Folders Opened - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashed Important

2. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  3. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  4. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Files Explorer Crashes Upon Opening a Specific Folder

Files Explorer Crashes Upon Opening a Specific Folder: Files Explorer Windows Explorer crashes upon opening a specific folder.Q-Dir is able to open that folder.I did change Explorer to open that folder as documents instead of pictures. It didn't make any difference.Problem Details:SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped...
  6. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .: I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: explorer.exe P2: 10.0.19041.662 P3: 996782f8 P4:...
  7. Windows Explorer crashes when opening a folder in a new window

Windows Explorer crashes when opening a folder in a new window: I don't remember exactly when it started happening but for some reason I've recently run into the problem where Windows Explorer will crash or at least freeze for a bit and then close all WE windows that are open when right-clicking a folder and selecting "Open in new...
  8. File Explorer crash when opening folder in new window

File Explorer crash when opening folder in new window: Hi I have a problem with file explorer in windows 10 When i try to open a folder from the list at the left corner as example a folder from Quick access When i click on it with right click and choose open in new window the file explorer crashes and restart again...
  9. Windows explorer crashes and closes all the open windows folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows explorer crashes and closes all the open windows folders: Hi, since the last time i have updated WIN 10 OS, i started to experience folder windows crashes closed. This problem happens every time i try to open the inner menu by clicking on the right mouse button of the quick access shortcuts in the navigation window panel. Please...
  10. Explorer crashes whenever I open a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes whenever I open a folder: Hello, I have been having a problem recently where whenever I try to open a folder explorer crashes and reloads, making it unusable. I'm sick of having to use 7-zip, which is not meant to be used for browsing files, to browse files. Event logs says that the problem is...