Windows 10: Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve

Discus and support Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Windows Explorer crashes on my desktop every time I wake the PC from sleep. It starts up again after 2-3 seconds, but some of my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by olat, Oct 18, 2020.

1. olat Win User

Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve

Hello!

Windows Explorer crashes on my desktop every time I wake the PC from sleep.

It starts up again after 2-3 seconds, but some of my taskbar icons disappear (like FX Sound Enhancer, AMD Adrenaline etc.).

I am not sure if this started happening after an update or not, but as far as I can remember, there have not been any major Windows updates on my PC recently.

I've attached my PC specs, but please let me know if I can provide any further information, since this has been driving me insane for some time now.
    I've tried sfc /scannow, chkdsk, reinstalling my Video drivers (since they were the only ones I actually updated in the last couple of months, which is when this started happening to me).

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X53 C
    Matisse 7nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1599MHz (16-18-18-36)
    Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02) (AM4)28 C
    Graphics
    27GL650F ([email protected])
    LG TV ([email protected])
    8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (XFX Pine Group)52 C
    Storage
    298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-75L9A0 (SATA )30 C
    223GB SSD (SATA (SSD))17 C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))30 C
    Optical Drives
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
    Audio
    DFX Audio Enhancer

Please let me know if I can provide anything else!

Thanks!

:)

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363
    Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.
    Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Second Problem:constantly crashing, blue screen of death.

Last info from Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Antimalware Service Executable

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2001.10-0\MsMpEng.exe
    Creation Time: 3/14/2020 1:39:54 PM
    Problem: MpTelemetry

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MpTelemetry
    Problem Signature 01: unspecified
    Problem Signature 02: HardeningTelemetry
    Problem Signature 03: HardeningTelemetryDisableAS
    Problem Signature 04: 4.18.2001.10
    Problem Signature 05: unspecified
    Problem Signature 06: unspecified
    Problem Signature 07: unspecified

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: fdb8de8b2cbae82736f81cfce42d2152 (1655104735544156498)

Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve [​IMG]

Chadi, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve

1. Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes restarts

2. Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL 10eHello everyone,I have recently built a brand new custom PC and every time I put my computer to sleep, and attempt to wake it up, it crashes. I don't see any BSOD as my monitors are off but it reboots as if starting from shutdown. Things I...
  3. Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL 10eHello everyone,I have recently built a brand new custom PC and every time I put my computer to sleep, and attempt to wake it up, it crashes. I don't see any BSOD as my monitors are off but it reboots as if starting from shutdown. Things I...
  4. Laptop crashing and showing BSOD after restarting or waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing and showing BSOD after restarting or waking up from sleep: I am using a HP 15-di2000TU bought in jan'20 , with 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, i510th gen processor and integrated IntelR UHD Graphics driver. I am currently on Windows 11. From the past few months, precisely from April, I've been facing an issue where my laptop, after...
  5. Laptop crashing and showing BSOD after restarting or waking up from sleep

Laptop crashing and showing BSOD after restarting or waking up from sleep: I am using a HP 15-di2000TU bought in jan'20 , with 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, i510th gen processor and integrated IntelR UHD Graphics driver. I am currently on Windows 11. From the past few months, precisely from April, I've been facing an issue where my laptop, after...
  6. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  7. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  8. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep: This happens every time I try to wake up my desktop from sleep. When I try to wake it up from sleep, the system crashes it tells me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". But once it restarts after collecting the data it tells me that "Windows wasn't loaded...
  10. Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep: [ATTACH] If one of the recent updates or upgrade to Windows 10 PC results in getting a Blue Screen as soon as you wake it from Sleep, then it’s a clear case that your driver is causing an issue. In a [...] This post Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep is from...