Windows 10: Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click

Discus and support Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for about 2 months now. Basically whenever I go to right click a folder / my desktop explorer stops responding and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jumpinqq, May 6, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click

I've been having this problem for about 2 months now.

Basically whenever I go to right click a folder / my desktop explorer stops responding and eventually crashes. I've tried disabling extensions using ShellExView, and disabling shimgvw.dll using CMD Prompt.

Can't really find any other information online about how to fix this annoying bug so I turned to reddit.

submitted by /u/Jumpinqq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jumpinqq, May 6, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, May 6, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Explorer Crash

Thank you for your reply. If the above steps did not work, let's try another workaround. You can try restarting your Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and see if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside More details.
    • Under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer from the list.
    • Select Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart.

After doing so, open Windows Explorer and see if it will crash again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 6, 2020
  4. F1reFly Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click

right click crashes explorer

appreciated*Toast :toast:

edit: haha, i just noticed that the snipping tool is completely gone from my system, it was there the other day, now its gone and its backup in winsxs wont run....god i hate windows. heck with it, i'm formatting

F1reFly, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click

1. Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashes Right

2. Right clicking specific file crashes windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right clicking specific file crashes windows explorer: I was messing around with an mp4 in audacity and after exporting it, trying to play the file, right click on the file, or even hovering over it crashes windows explorer. It doesn't happen with any other file or folder, and right clicking in the blank space also works fine....
  3. File explorer crashes on right click on file

File explorer crashes on right click on file: It crashes immediately if the machine has been up for a while/other programs open. If freshly rebooted, right click goes into hourglass for many minutes, may never stop. Suggestions??...
  4. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  5. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  6. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  7. explorer crashes right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes right click: File explorer shuts down randomly during file transfers, but more often after a right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-right-click/937d7dcf-f8c0-46e8-a8bd-a8a9f8c56f15
  8. explorer crashes on right mouse click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes on right mouse click: File Explorer crashes when right mouse button is clicked to bring up sub menu. Also crashes randomly when drives are accessed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-on-right-mouse-click/dae788e5-919f-4044-8bfa-7de288b564f2
  9. Right Clicking on Drive Crashes Explorer-14257

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking on Drive Crashes Explorer-14257: Not sure what is going on here. When I right click on a drive in explorer to get properties/use tools like defrag/disk checker it is crashing explorer. I have already done a "repair" install of 14257...I had 14257 installed already and essentially did a reinstall of it using...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170