Windows 10: Windows explorer crashes when copying files (corrupted heap?)

Discus and support Windows explorer crashes when copying files (corrupted heap?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to copy files, explorer.exe crashes. Randomly in the middle of a file transfer, it looks like explorer refreshes and then the copying is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by m0bot, Feb 22, 2019.

1. m0bot Win User

Windows explorer crashes when copying files (corrupted heap?)

When I try to copy files, explorer.exe crashes. Randomly in the middle of a file transfer, it looks like explorer refreshes and then the copying is no longer happening.

I looked around in many forum posts and ended up following some instructions in other questions to generate debugging files.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to debug the dump file in WinDbg preview so hoping someone can help me out.

I have the dump file, an nfo file, and an administrative events log file.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Let me know if I can provide any other additional information that will help debug.

Thanks,

M

:)

m0bot, Feb 22, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 22, 2019
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Nick89 Win User

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

So I downloaded project reality a mob for BF2 I used uTorrent to download the file and it check to make sure it wasnt corrupt.

Everytime I try to do anything with the file windows explorer hangs and I have to restart it.

This is the same for the old version of project reality. I cannot delete it.

I have never had this happen.

The files in question are 1.8 GB

Nick89, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows explorer crashes when copying files (corrupted heap?) - Similar Threads - explorer crashes copying

2. File corruption when copying large files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File corruption when copying large files: Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to another, and the transfer rate is too fast. These files are very large, tending to range in size from 20 GB to 100 GB. Whenever...
  3. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1110Application Timestamp: e86d289eFault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Module...
  4. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera: I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to make the transfer. This has happened several times recently over multiple days I have restarted the computer several times....
  5. Windows Explorer/Shell crashes when copy/pasting files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer/Shell crashes when copy/pasting files: Hi there! I've got a similar Problem to this one here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/9805d5e7-ba72-44c7-bf4b-43cce92aecaf Sadly, this hasn't been solved, but my error log is also different to the one in...
  6. Heap Corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Heap Corruption: My Laptop has very recently started to blue screen with a stop code : Kernel mode heap corruption. I only use this for my work so it has no games just basic computing. I upload all the windows updates and run virus protection which is also kept up to date. The laptop will...
  7. PC crashes, kernel mode heap corruption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashes, kernel mode heap corruption: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-2sN-Fs3qDmhCQ0preAv1rtJEC?e=Q0nSJc this is the link, too the minidump ... . these are my pc specs ... . https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-2sN-Fs3qDmhEEK5dgiLFvMBJn?e=PFUXJ9 problems still are going on, ... . ... i already, deleted graphics drivers,...
  8. explorer.exe crashes when copying files between explorer windows

explorer.exe crashes when copying files between explorer windows: Hi all, I've got a number of users experiencing frequent (but not consistent) crash/reloads of explorer.exe when doing a drag/drop or copy/paste from one file explorer window to another. When it happens, the event log shows about 4-5 entries like the one below. Any ideas...
  9. Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies

Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies: Hello, I encountered a very serious issue with trying to copy and paste files to a backup hard drive in Windows file explorer by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Usually I determine whether my backups are complete and in agreement with each other by doing a casual comparison of...
  10. Kernel mode heap corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel mode heap corruption: I've been having this BSOD for a week now when I'm playing The Witcher 3 on my drive D:\ so I updated and ssd's firmware and it's still the same. Then I updated my BIOS and the BSOD went away but it still restarts my machine. Here is the link of my minidumps, systeminfo and...