Windows 10: Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive

Discus and support Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a 1TB Flash drive and it was working alright until I backed up a large amount of data on it. Now when I plug it in and try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasRodrigo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive

I recently purchased a 1TB Flash drive and it was working alright until I backed up a large amount of data on it. Now when I plug it in and try to access it Windows explorer freezes and wont restore until I restart my computer. The problem seems to follow the flash drive from my laptop to my Surface Go.

:)

ThomasRodrigo, Aug 28, 2019
  2. CanAm Win User

Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi all,

I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take.....

Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive.

Correct?

CanAm, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Zero Ice Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

So, I open up My Computer, open my F Drive and boom: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and must close". It is really annoying! I am fine everywhere else in explorer, but something just screws up when I try the external HDD (USB) or my thumb drive.

Can anyone help?

Zero Ice, Aug 28, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive

1. Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashes Plug

2. When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse: My flash drive is recognised a a mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-flash-drive-it-comes-up-as-mouse/e8bc4748-e50e-4669-9b2d-4f564935c4ed
  3. When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse: My flash drive is recognised a a mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-flash-drive-it-comes-up-as-mouse/e8bc4748-e50e-4669-9b2d-4f564935c4ed
  4. When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 file explorer crash from flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer crash from flash drive.: I have a Dell laptop win 11 that is meant for normal office use and a 32Gb usb flash drive. When I plug in the drive, it works fine, I can copy, paste, etc.However, when I copy large files from another computer to the flash drive and plug it in, windows file explorer crashes...
  6. When I plug in my flash drive it does not pop up anymore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I plug in my flash drive it does not pop up anymore.: Hi.I am using a surface pro 7. My computer was able to recognize the drive perfectly until today. When I restarted it I plugged my flash drive in nothing popped up.At first, I thought that my USB connector was broken or damaged. I plugged an external mouse and an external...
  7. When I plug my flash drive in my computer it shows up as 4 drives, and it tells me to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I plug my flash drive in my computer it shows up as 4 drives, and it tells me to...: submitted by /u/slick_randall71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kohf2p/when_i_plug_my_flash_drive_in_my_computer_it/
  8. USB drive not detected in Windows Explorer when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive not detected in Windows Explorer when plugged in: Hello all, I've got a bit of a weird problem. I am installing a new notebook (HP ProBook 470) for one of my colleagues. He uses a lot of different USB drives for his work. When I plug in one USB drive, it will not show up in Windows Explorer. So I checked if it will show...
  9. when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer

when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer: when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer I also hot swap SSD drives and as far as windows is concerned they are not there! In win 7 I used to get a sound and they would appear in the explorer window almost immediately. does anyone else get this? thanks...
  10. No window pops up when I plug in my USB portable hard or flash drive.

No window pops up when I plug in my USB portable hard or flash drive.: When I plug in my USB flash drive or portable hard drive I don't get a window that pops up. Both drives will make a sound and show up in ThisPC so I have to go there to use them. Is there any way to fix this? 54378