Windows 10: Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window

Discus and support Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, so a few days ago I noticed that every time i try to restore down any windows explorer window it starts glitching until explorer crashes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by O_O Worried Wang, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window

Hi guys, so a few days ago I noticed that every time i try to restore down any windows explorer window it starts glitching until explorer crashes,

I've scanned my system with both sfc /scan now and antivirus software and neither reported any problems but i still have problem reoccurring.

Here's a video of what exactly is going on, visit the link to see exactly what i mean

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zyT50HZ2g-R7iCteRbxK9H1MG6a4sfdf

Will appreciate all support

:)

O_O Worried Wang, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window

1. Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes restore

2. Windows explorer crashes when I click on any zip file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer crashes when I click on any zip file.: Recently Windows explorer crashes when I click on any zip file I tried- updating windows -opening Command Prompt as Administrator then Running sfc /scannow- installing a different zip application, same result.- Ran Windows full system scanFaulting application name:...
  3. Windows explorer crashes when I click on any zip file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer crashes when I click on any zip file.: Recently Windows explorer crashes when I click on any zip file I tried- updating windows -opening Command Prompt as Administrator then Running sfc /scannow- installing a different zip application, same result.- Ran Windows full system scanFaulting application name:...
  4. Windows File Explorer keeps crashing when I interact with any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer keeps crashing when I interact with any files: Windows File Explorer keeps crashing when I interact with any files (Ex. Pressing on a video, using the blue square thing to select some files, right-clicking a file) The cursor starts loading every time I do that and the only way out is by restarting Windows File Explorer...
  5. Windows crashes when I open any browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows crashes when I open any browser: I got a new ssd i set it up and and installed windows got chrome from edge then after setting up my account on Chrome it crashed I reinstalled windows multiple times and also tried doing the repair feature on windows install and got a error saying they couldn't repair it...
  6. Windows Explorer crashing when plugging in any form of removable storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer crashing when plugging in any form of removable storage: Hi, I have been getting this strange error for the past few months, where Windows Explorer is repeatedly crashing whenever I plug in any type of removable storage e.g. usb drive or SD card. I manage to access the drive fine before Explorer crashes and I have to navigate to it...
  7. Restore down on any of my windows 10 explorer folders not working. Instead freezes up,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore down on any of my windows 10 explorer folders not working. Instead freezes up,...: Until recently I had been using 2 monitors. I found that there was a file folder that only appeared when I connected the second monitor that was causing the issue. Once I moved it to the main monitor problem solved....
  8. Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down: So whenever I resize windows explorer or try anything to make it not full screen, it moves to a tiny window in the corner of the screen where it freezes and starts flickering I have to then restart in task manager. I've run the Cbs scan and some corruptions were found but not...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when I right click on any image! Why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I right click on any image! Why?: For the last two weeks every time I right click on ANY image, windows explorer crashes. I would like to fix this but I cannot find any information about this problem. Can somebody help please? THank you 72359
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer crashes when restored