Windows 10: Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new

Discus and support Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have checked & disabled all 3rd party apps using a shellview program & the problem does not appear to be there. Problem seems to have occurred after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Strattx67, May 4, 2019.

1. Strattx67 Win User

Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new

I have checked & disabled all 3rd party apps using a shellview program & the problem does not appear to be there. Problem seems to have occurred after MS update about 10 days ago. Below is the most recent log.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Hang

Date: 5/4/2019 10:00:15 AM

Event ID: 1002

Task Category: (101)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: T5500

Description:

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.348 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2dfc

Start Time: 01d50287656e4ad3

Termination Time: 0

Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Report Id: 2dc014aa-2634-48aa-9fec-d4e08108b133

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Hang" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-04T15:00:15.754738100Z" />

<EventRecordID>3500</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>T5500</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>explorer.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.17763.348</Data>

<Data>2dfc</Data>

<Data>01d50287656e4ad3</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</Data>

<Data>2dc014aa-2634-48aa-9fec-d4e08108b133</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>Unknown</Data>

<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Strattx67, May 4, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Explorer Crash

Thank you for your reply. If the above steps did not work, let's try another workaround. You can try restarting your Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and see if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside More details.
    • Under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer from the list.
    • Select Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart.

After doing so, open Windows Explorer and see if it will crash again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 4, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
    NOTE: download version 1.97 or later, else Restart Explorer won't work in step 4

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu. Also put check marks as shown

Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new [​IMG]
    3. Click on the screen, Hold down CTRL Key+A to select all then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    4. Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    5. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 4 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, May 4, 2019
  4. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes right

2. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  3. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  4. file explorer crashes when i right click

file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  5. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  6. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  7. File Explorer crashes when I right click

8. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder

Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder: Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder -info: I have remapped the documents, pictures, videos, desktop, downloads and folders to the D drive where I want my files to reside and have installed Adobe Creative Cloud The problem details are below,...
  10. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes when i right click: This is the first issue i have had with windows 10 ever since installing it in august. Ever since yesterday whenever i click on a file in the file explorer window it will gray out and stop working. Unlike the average hang this one will stay grayed out for about 5 to 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click new crash

2. windows 10 rightclick new freeze

3. file exploer right click and selceting new hangs file explorer

4. the program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.348 stopped interacting with windows