Windows 10: Windows Explorer Crashes when opening Word documents from OneDrive

Discus and support Windows Explorer Crashes when opening Word documents from OneDrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all I have an issue with my OneDrive in Windows Explorer. Whenever I try to open a Word doc from my OneDrive via Windows Explorer, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joraffe7, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Joraffe7 Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes when opening Word documents from OneDrive

Hi all

I have an issue with my OneDrive in Windows Explorer. Whenever I try to open a Word doc from my OneDrive via Windows Explorer, Windows Explorer crashes, becoming unresponsive. This happens even if I select a Word document (i.e. clicking once). This does not happen if I open a Word document from a PC file (e.g. Downloads or Desktop). PDFs and Excel files are not affected.

I can open Word docs saved in OneDrive by going into Word and opening from there, however, I'd still like to know how to fix this issue as there is obviously something not right.

I have run the scan now and there are no corrupt files. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive multiple times.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

:)

Joraffe7, Jun 2, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Jun 2, 2019
  3. microsoft word 2003

Very ineteresing and unknown method for me. I'll apply it, many thanks!

abandone15, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Crashes when opening Word documents from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashes opening

2. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  3. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  4. File Explorer freezes when opening Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freezes when opening Word Documents: Hi. I've been having a problem with my File Explorer freezing every time I click on, or try to open or rename, a Word document. Status bar shows 'Not Responding'. To get out of it I can just close it with the 'x' button which takes a few seconds and makes the taskbar and...
  5. File Explorer freezes when opening Word Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes when opening Word Documents: Hi. I've been having a problem with my File Explorer freezing every time I click on, or try to open or rename, a Word document. Status bar shows 'Not Responding'. To get out of it I can just close it with the 'x' button which takes a few seconds and makes the taskbar and...
  6. File Explorer freezes when opening Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  8. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  9. File Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder if Preview is on and Word document is selected

File Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder if Preview is on and Word document is selected: File Explorer hangs when selecting Word doc in OneDrive folder if Preview is on. It doesn't hang with any other file type that I've tried, including Excel or PDF. I've disconnected and re-connected several times and disabled Quick access. Using Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Windows Explorer Crashing when opening Documents and Downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Crashing when opening Documents and Downloads: My Windows Explorer is crashing out without an error popup whenever it opens the Download folder. For Documents it will stay open for a few seconds and work fine, then crash without a popup. All other files work fine so far, just these two. It also causes issues with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word crashes when i open a document in explorer

2. file explorer crashes when opening word doc

3. opening word docs from explorer hangs

4. when opening from one drive word errors,
  5. file explorer freezes when opening a document,
  6. word crash when opening it in onedrive,
  7. opening word doc from onedrive fails,
  8. word document crashes once open from file explorer,
  9. windows explorer crash word,
  10. opening work document in onedrive crashes explorer,
  11. windows 10 crashes when I try to open a word doc from a folder on my desktop,
  12. bsod when opening office documents,
  13. windows explorer crashes when opening word document